Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrades to PRO starts at September 15th
(30-Aug-2016, 15:09)mdconnelly Wrote: Unfortunately, here's the email I received (I'm in the US)...

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade of your Expert Le 200.

Due to logistics, the Upgrade Program will start first within the European Union, but rest assured your country will open soon.

Same Email for me.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(30-Aug-2016, 21:55)NickB Wrote: ....

Oh by the way you might look at the 400,000+ people that have put down 1000 each for the non existent Tesla 3.

Guilty as charged!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
One thing I dont really understand is if it has to go through a dealer if have one near or fix it directly with Devialet?  In the begining of the mail it seems to be directly with Devialet and at the end it seems to have to go through a dealer.

Is the price going to be the same if one goes directly to Devialet or through a dealer?  If the price is the same for me it is more convinient to let the dealer fix it for me.

Some dealers in Sweden have put up the prices for the upgrade and if the amp is bought in 2016 the price is 3990€ for the 400 to 440PRO (5990€ for us that have older amps)
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(31-Aug-2016, 07:47)octaviars Wrote: One thing I dont really understand is if it has to go through a dealer if have one near or fix it directly with Devialet?  In the begining of the mail it seems to be directly with Devialet and at the end it seems to have to go through a dealer.

Is the price going to be the same if one goes directly to Devialet or through a dealer?  If the price is the same for me it is more convinient to let the dealer fix it for me.

My dealer has already got me registered and told me that they would contact me directly when the time comes.  I would need to take my Devialet into the shop and they would then make any further arrangements.  I am not in Europe.  I have been told that this is likely to be December. Have you asked your dealer?
(30-Aug-2016, 19:37)markush Wrote: Not providing pro models to listen / compare makes this upgrade launch date quite useless.

Based on Oxford Audio's recent post, the 220/440Pro demo units should be with the dealers mid to late September.  (in the UK at least)

So yes, the actual launch date is a bit useless, but once we get to October, this does allow the chance to audition a 220/440Pro and still be within the September to December upgrade window.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(31-Aug-2016, 08:12)Confused Wrote:
(30-Aug-2016, 19:37)markush Wrote: Not providing pro models to listen / compare makes this upgrade launch date quite useless.

Based on Oxford Audio's recent post, the 220/440Pro demo units should be with the dealers mid to late September.  (in the UK at least)

So yes, the actual launch date is a bit useless, but once we get to October, this does allow the chance to audition a 220/440Pro and still be within the September to December upgrade window.

And surely the performance of the O d'A and 1000 Pro gives a pretty good indicator of things to come? 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
How hard can it be for a user to swap innards ? Maybe they dont want this as a user upgrade cos they wont get the old boards back...?
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(31-Aug-2016, 07:56)Will Wrote:
(31-Aug-2016, 07:47)octaviars Wrote: One thing I dont really understand is if it has to go through a dealer if have one near or fix it directly with Devialet?  In the begining of the mail it seems to be directly with Devialet and at the end it seems to have to go through a dealer.

My dealer has already got me registered and told me that they would contact me directly when the time comes.  I would need to take my Devialet into the shop and they would then make any further arrangements.  I am not in Europe.  I have been told that this is likely to be December. Have you asked your dealer?

I have asked my dealer but at that time the upgrade program was not ready. I am going to him this week and talk to him about it.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(31-Aug-2016, 08:22)Rodney Gold Wrote: How hard can it be for a user to swap innards ? Maybe they dont want this as a user upgrade cos they wont get the old boards back...?

I dont know but is it so easy to swap the cards regarding the heatpads between the cards and the sink?

I asume they want to have some control of the change as you get new warranty for the amps.

Second system

(30-Aug-2016, 21:55)NickB Wrote: I will do so. Half of what by the way.

If you mean the extra board its only the streamer board which I am not really interested in anyway. Pretty sure it will not be a Roon endpoint and I will never use anything but Roon in future.

Oh by the way you might look at the 400,000+ people that have put down 1000 each for the non existent Tesla 3.

Hard to argue with 400,000 people  Huh

I received the email from Devialet today and replied that I have recently purchased an O d'A and do not have to funds to upgrade my D200 any time soon. I asked whether Devialet were standing by the end date. Let's see what the reply will be. I just don't understand why Devialet can't wait a little longer. Give their customers a proper chance to listen to the Pro series before they decide to upgrade. What's the rush? Unless they have stacks of Pro motherboards ready to go and a backlog of cases  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.