Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrades to PRO starts at September 15th
(31-Aug-2016, 10:53)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(30-Aug-2016, 21:55)NickB Wrote: I will do so. Half of what by the way.

If you mean the extra board its only the streamer board which I am not really interested in anyway. Pretty sure it will not be a Roon endpoint and I will never use anything but Roon in future.

Oh by the way you might look at the 400,000+ people that have put down 1000 each for the non existent Tesla 3.

Hard to argue with 400,000 people  Huh

I received the email from Devialet today and replied that I have recently purchased an O d'A and do not have to funds to upgrade my D200 any time soon. I asked whether Devialet were standing by the end date. Let's see what the reply will be. I just don't understand why Devialet can't wait a little longer. Give their customers a proper chance to listen to the Pro series before they decide to upgrade. What's the rush? Unless they have stacks of Pro motherboards ready to go and a backlog of cases  Smile

Perhaps the venture capital company behind Devialet wants some money from Devialet hence the rush to get the upgrade program on the way.......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(31-Aug-2016, 06:19)baddog Wrote:
(30-Aug-2016, 21:55)NickB Wrote: ....

Oh by the way you might look at the 400,000+ people that have put down 1000 each for the non existent Tesla 3.

Guilty as charged!

Me to !!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I asked Devialet regarding Roon on the new streamerboard and it seems that they are talking to them about it.

"In this new streamerboard we do consider roon and are trying to work with them, but nothing is confirmed yet"
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(02-Sep-2016, 12:04)octaviars Wrote: I asked Devialet regarding Roon on the new streamerboard and it seems that they are talking to them about it.

"In this new streamerboard we do consider roon and are trying to work with them, but nothing is confirmed yet"

Gosh, is it really that hard to work with Roon?

Totaldac managed to become Roon certified in the space of 6 months. I note that many others, such as dCS are still not there though.

I wish they would hurry up with this streamer board since I have to wait until it is ready before getting upgraded to 1000 Pro specs, i.e. new power supply, platform 6 etc.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Sep-2016, 12:13)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Sep-2016, 12:04)octaviars Wrote: I asked Devialet regarding Roon on the new streamerboard and it seems that they are talking to them about it.

Totaldac managed to become Roon certified in the space of 6 months. I note that many others, such as dCS are still not there though.

I wish they would hurry up with this streamer board since I have to wait until it is ready before getting upgraded to 1000 Pro specs, i.e. new power supply, platform 6 etc.

Guillaume

The Roon team must be the easiest to work with ever...!
If Devialet confirms Roon on the new streamerboard I do not think I can resist anymore Undecided
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(02-Sep-2016, 13:37)ogs Wrote:
(02-Sep-2016, 12:13)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

The Roon team must be the easiest to work with ever...!
If Devialet confirms Roon on the new streamerboard I do not think I can resist anymore Undecided

If the streamerbord is based on some sort of ARM processor they must make this happen, and if the board is coming next year there must be plenty of time to get it togheter with Roon.

I am waiting for more info regarding the streamerboard before I pull the trigger on upgrading to 440PRO.

Second system

Guillaume, surely you could pressurize Devialet for an UG now..after all , you bought their flagship..they must give you some benefit .. deep into 2017 would be unacceptable to me..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(02-Sep-2016, 13:52)Rodney Gold Wrote: Guillaume, surely you could pressurize Devialet for an UG now..after all , you bought their flagship..they must give you some benefit .. deep into 2017 would be unacceptable to me..

Pressurising Devialet has become increasingly futile of late.

I've been waiting for a clear answer to a very simple question, asked five times, for about three months now.

And for a meaningful reply to another question, for approaching a month.

So much for Monsieur Sannie's response to the petition, dated 21st July:

"Our goal is to make each and everyone of you happy. You are incredibly important to us. Without your support, we wouldn’t have been able to constantly improve our products and create the Expert line and Phantom.  We owe it to you and we know it. 
Rest assured that Expert is a main focus for us. This is where all our revolutionary technologies come from. This is where we come from. And this is also our future. 
Part of it is Devialet Air, which we agree is a key technology. As you know, quite a sophisticated one. But I know you expect the best from us, and you should. 
As a general matter, I will make sure our teams get better at understanding your needs and communicating on a regular basis with you. Bringing you audiophile happiness is the reason we are all going to work with a big smile on our face every morning."

Maybe that is another "deep into 2017" promise from Devialet.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England