Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BubbleUPnP + MiND 180
Hi all,

Having finally sold my Linn DS as part of my move to Devialet, I have been looking for a reliable tablet-based control system to leverage my Asset Server just like my Linn DS system did. I can get AIR to work reliably, but it's still too techie for family usage.

I got a MiND 180 S/H (from one of the established members of this forum Smile and was initially disappointed with the SIMAudio app, I found it very clunky and difficult (slow) to use and was going to go back to AIR.

Having looked around, I then started to look at non-iOS options - turns out there is a great app on Android called BubbleUPnP which works perfectly (actually better than Kinsky was on Linn) and has given me the same easy-to-use, stable interface that I had on the DS).

Perhaps many of you are using that already, but if not, it's well worth a try!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
I really miss the BubbleUPNP control point. I switched from a Nexus 10 tablet (my second one, terrible battery problems) back to an iPad earlier this year but boy do I miss BubbleUPNP. I think the control point also remains active when you sleep the tablet, so no problems with music being interrupted? I'd actually completely forgotten about that feature...
I worked round this problem when I got the iPad by running BubbleUPNP server on the NAS. You can set it up to be an Openhome compatible queue, a proxy in effect to the real music player.
I'm away all week with work, will check the 'sleep' function when I get back!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland