Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico and Devialet
Another interesting recommendation by Jeff Fritz . . 

http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...h-devialet

"As for paring the Devialet monos with the Magico S7, I think it would be a stunning combination. Not only would you have full-range response with plenty of slam, but you’d have a system that is incredibly low in distortion, too, which should lead to the fatigue-free sound you’re looking for."
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
To be fair he was answering a question rather than making a recommendation as such, and could well have agreed with any combination that was proposed...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

For me Jeff Fritz is one and only Audio reporter that I can trust.
He is amazing .
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(03-Sep-2016, 11:11)windler Wrote: For me  Jeff Fritz is one and only Audio reporter that I can trust.
He is amazing .

One thing I particularly like about Jeff Fritz's reviews is the fact that he compares different brands of components when describing a product's sonic qualities and characteristics. So for example a Soulution DAC gets compared in some detail to a NADAC. It gives his reviews a reference point and makes it much easier to appreciate what he is saying.

This is something that is almost completely absent in the main UK press, certainly Hifi News reviews never do this. Hifi + very occasionally will mention similar products but nowhere near the detail that Jeff Fritz goes into. And we are not talking Srajan Ebaen detail here either; it is generally very well written, succinct and to the point!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Amongst the reviewers, I wonder who will be first to get their hands on a Pro?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(03-Sep-2016, 11:25)Confused Wrote: Amongst the reviewers, I wonder who will be first to get their hands on a Pro?

I believe a French audio magazine has already reviewed the 1000 Pro, should be out very soon.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(03-Sep-2016, 11:30)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Sep-2016, 11:25)Confused Wrote: Amongst the reviewers, I wonder who will be first to get their hands on a Pro?

I believe a French audio magazine has already reviewed the 1000 Pro, should be out very soon.

Guillaume

I was a bit surprised that Paul Miller in HFN didn't get a world exclusive on the new Pro range, kind of expected to see this in the most recent issue. He uses (and evangelises) the 800 already and would be the logical person to announce the new version in the UK I would expect.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland

Guillaume

Is it going to be a genuine review or a PR review (sponsor's review).

Hope that wasn't too cynical  Tongue
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(03-Sep-2016, 12:11)wiresandmore Wrote:

Guillaume

I was a bit surprised that Paul Miller in HFN didn't get a world exclusive on the new Pro range, kind of expected to see this in the most recent issue. He uses (and evangelises) the 800 already and would be the logical person to announce the new version in the UK I would expect.

I fear that he has better contact with Absolute Sounds than with Devialet themselves, so now AS no longer distribute Devialet he will no longer get the first review unit as he did before.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(03-Sep-2016, 12:15)Celts88 Wrote:

Guillaume

Is it going to be a genuine review or a PR review (sponsor's review).

Hope that wasn't too cynical  Tongue

Not that cynical really. So many audio reviews seem like infomercials and all brands send their gear to the people most likely to 'love' them for their launch reviews. Dealers will of course love the pro models too - they can't really not like them since that's what they have to sell now.

It will be a while before any more balanced ones come in, or from joe public (rather than just current Devialet users).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<