Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on SAM lab
Well I had Maxime from Devialet in my Lounge on Friday and it was a 'fail' as far as a full set of readings was concerned.
Test tones for Impedance readings no problem but then the laser was unable to detect any movement in my bass cones ! Either the software suddenly developed a glitch or my cones are 'too shiny'.
We ran out of time and I delivered Maxime back to the station so he could get back to St Pancras.

I am more than happy with present SQ but would love to hear what SAM brings to the party - maybe one day !
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
(09-Oct-2016, 17:49)adamk Wrote: Well I had Maxime from Devialet in my Lounge on Friday and it was a 'fail' as far as a full set of readings was concerned.
Test tones for Impedance readings no problem but then the laser was unable to detect any movement in my bass cones ! Either the software suddenly developed a glitch or my cones are 'too shiny'.
We ran out of time and I delivered Maxime back to the station so he could get back to St Pancras.

I am more than happy with present SQ but would love to hear what SAM brings to the party - maybe one day !

Shame - he couldn't have put a tiny square of post-it note or something on the driver just for the measurement?
How did you get them to come to your house?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-Oct-2016, 14:48)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Shame - he couldn't have put a tiny square of post-it note or something on the driver just for the measurement?
How did you get them to come to your house?

Yes we tried a tiny little square of a sticky address label and still no joy.
I struck a deal when buying the 400's at the Westfield store back in May and have been waiting this long for a SAM engineer to materialise.
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border