Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Customer Support Is Abysmal
I have an issue where my D400's go into standby mode after only moments of operation.  I called US Support (Quincy) and emailed my configurations along with a detailed description of the problem.  I followed up with additional documentation on various things I tried to solve the problem, but the shutdowns are repeatable and consistent.

My original phone call and document submission was on August 15th!!  I have sent emails and called repeatedly for an update or things I should simply try, and the only response I have gotten is that I need to be patient.  This coming Monday will be 4 weeks without a response!!  And Quincy has directed me to keep the units off to prevent possible damage.  This is simply unacceptable and I am at my wits end!  I even called France this morning, twice, and after a long hold could only leave a voice mail twice.

I have been in this hobby since the early 80's, and have owned or currently own equipment from Counterpoint, Aragon, Krell, Lampizator, Ayre, Aesthetix, Meridian, NAD, NuPrime, Auralic, Oppo, Pioneer, B&O, REL, Martin-Logan, Vandersteen, Magnepan, Shunyata, and probably a few more I've forgotten.  I have been very fortunate and never experienced problems with any of my gear, but have had many configuration, connection and tube rolling questions.  Every company I have called was able to resolve my issues with that initial phone call.  In fact, if you call Auralic, Ayre, Aesthetix, NuPrime, Vandersteen, Shunyata or Magnepan, it is highly likely you will speak to the owner/designer of the company.

UPDATE...as I was writing this I received a call from Devialet in the US.  My phone calls to France were immediately transferred.  Kudos!  I will keep you posted, and hope all of you have a much better experience than mine.

Happy Listening!
Appalling, but I can better that.

I asked a simple question of the "helpdesk" on 2nd August and I have still had no reply.

Although there will be lots on here, me included, who have submitted questions and never had replies at all.

It was better in the early Devialet days but delays/non-answers seem much more prevalent now.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Same here, it's a real shame, email response isn't difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Hell of a first post koto7 (and welcome!), but yeah, many of us have been there.

I missed the fabled era where Devialet were supposedly great at support (among other things), and my encounters with them left a lasting impression. Sadly, making a scene seems the only way to get passed the silence and fob-offs and get things resolved..

Hope you get it sorted.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

No dealer support?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Sorry to hear about your experience and understand your frustration. I do concur that you seem to be getting really poor support from your dealer on this matter, mine has always been able to reach Devialet and get a response fairly quickly.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Unfortunately, this is beyond the dealer's expertise, and since I didn't buy the other components from them, they aren't much help. Still no word from Devialet. I'm honestly amazed how bad they are! And they are trying to sell an expensive product.. I'm so disappointed in them!
Sad to say but my experiences with Quincy were equally bad.  On a few issues I was in the uncomfortable position of suspecting I knew more about the product than he.  Assumed it was a reading comprehension thing but no reason to know if he is ESL.  The replies seemed to miss the issue at hand too frequently to be random.  
I posted an inquiry concerning the conflicts with Air3 and Aurdirvana wherein A+ cannot achieve integer mode and Eva replied in generalities "our engineers will look into this, etc", then closed the ticket.  Outstanding response. A magic wand and it all goes away.  Surely the support ticket stays open until the issue is resolved.
(12-Sep-2016, 05:52) pid=\48841' Wrote:Sad to say but my experiences with Quincy were equally bad.  On a few issues I was in the uncomfortable position of suspecting I knew more about the product than he.  Assumed it was a reading comprehension thing but no reason to know if he is ESL.  The replies seemed to miss the issue at hand too frequently to be random.  
I posted an inquiry concerning the conflicts with Air3 and Aurdirvana wherein A+ cannot achieve integer mode and Eva replied in generalities "our engineers will look into this, etc", then closed the ticket.  Outstanding response. A magic wand and it all goes away.  Surely the support ticket stays open until the issue is resolved.
(14-Sep-2016, 04:45)koto7 Wrote:
(12-Sep-2016, 05:52)pid=\48841 Wrote:Sad to say but my experiences with Quincy were equally bad.  On a few issues I was in the uncomfortable position of suspecting I knew more about the product than he.  Assumed it was a reading comprehension thing but no reason to know if he is ESL.  The replies seemed to miss the issue at hand too frequently to be random.  
Apologies for the double post.  BTW, still no resolution after 4 1/2 weeks.  Yes, I don't think Quincy has technical knowledge of the gear...he only relays information.  And Eva, I was so excited to finally talk to a technical person...what a letdown.  Easy responses, using Windows 10 and Explorer instead of Chrome causing problems.  Everything has been fine since last Thanksgiving, but no one read my emails.  Frankly, this is absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced in a consumer product!  They simply ignore you!  If there was a competitive product I would sell it in a heartbeat and cut my losses.  My wife wants me to sell them at a loss just to lower my stress level.  So, so disappointed in Devialet!