Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AES vs USB inputs
So I'm going to pull the trigger on an Auralic Aries.. I just don't want to spend for the Aurender at this time. So does anyone have any input on SQ of the AES input vs the USB input, on either Devialet or the Aries?

It appears that most folks that have listened to or demoed the Aries are using USB.. I'm personally not a fan of USB.. The times I've tried it it seems to be more detailed but also seems to have less body..
(03-Oct-2014, 16:17)ErikM Wrote: So I'm going to pull the trigger on an Auralic Aries.. I just don't want to spend for the Aurender at this time. So does anyone have any input on SQ of the AES input vs the USB input, on either Devialet or the Aries?

It appears that most folks that have listened to or demoed the Aries are using USB.. I'm personally not a fan of USB.. The times I've tried it it seems to be more detailed but also seems to have less body..

We compared AES to USB with the Aries and USB seemed considerably better.

Cables used were Transparent XL AES/EBU and Entreq Apollo USB (with Apollo earth cable).

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Well that's one for USB..keep em' coming if anyone else has experience I'd like to hear it!

(03-Oct-2014, 16:33)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Oct-2014, 16:17)ErikM Wrote: So I'm going to pull the trigger on an Auralic Aries.. I just don't want to spend for the Aurender at this time. So does anyone have any input on SQ of the AES input vs the USB input, on either Devialet or the Aries?

We compared AES to USB with the Aries and USB seemed considerably better.

Cables used were Transparent XL AES/EBU and Entreq Apollo USB (with Apollo earth cable).

Guillaume
(03-Oct-2014, 18:05)ErikM Wrote: Well that's one for USB..keep em' coming if anyone else has experience I'd like to hear
Hi ErikM,
I've just ordered the Aries to use with my Dev 400. I'm intending to use the usb input but know devialet highly recommend the aes input .
Can I ask what your experiences have been and any advice? I'm Hoping to use tidal streaming and eventually usb hd, I'll use my Mac mini as a server initially.
Thanks
Theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
I haven't gotten my Aries yet, supposed to be here this week..I'll try both the Aes and USB once I get it. So sorry I can't help yet.

(29-Oct-2014, 03:55)theaudioguru Wrote:
(03-Oct-2014, 18:05)ErikM Wrote: Well that's one for USB..keep em' coming if anyone else has experience I'd like to hear
Hi ErikM,
I've just ordered the Aries to use with my Dev 400. I'm intending to use the usb input but know devialet highly recommend the aes input .
Can I ask what your experiences have been and any advice? I'm Hoping to use tidal streaming and eventually usb hd, I'll use my Mac mini as a server initially.
Thanks
Theaudioguru