Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical cable
for those who are using "glass" optical cable, is there any actual benefit of it over "plastic"?
(19-Sep-2016, 11:36)alpinweissm Wrote: for those who are using "glass" optical cable, is there any actual benefit of it over "plastic"?

I'll recommend Blue Jeans Cable here and at the same time link to BJC where they give a very sensible explanation on glass vs plastic.
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digi.../index.htm

BJC allows you to specify the length you need as they make the cables to order. Please remember that the toslink input onĀ  Dialog is not flush mounted with the cabinet and will not work well with 'thick' plugs.

EDIT: I've attached an image that shows what I did with the toslink plug. The right plug grip is 'trimmed' to allow it to enter and lock properly in the Dialog.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I apologise to OP samsoum for the OT part of my post. For some reason I was convinced I posted in a Phantom thread!

The main toslink port on an Expert is flush mounted so any toslink cable should work fine.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It s ok ogs, i know already that ,since i m using an Analysis optical cable , but it is too short so doesn t hide well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk