Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Configurator
I think johnsap was referring to the full dCS rig being demonstrated at OAC today, complete with D'Agostino m400 Momentum mono blocks. This versus the 1000Pro would indeed be very interesting. However, I suspect the lovely dCS / D'Agnostino stuff will be packed up and away long before it sees a 1000Pro. I doubt the dealers / dCS / Absolute Sounds would be keen putting this up against an amp that is 80k cheaper, but if they are happy to leave it there 'till the weekend I'd be happy to pop in and have a listen!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Sep-2016, 23:19)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 16:35)ogs Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 14:54)oxfordaudio Wrote: New configurator containing Pro models is now online. Make sure you refresh your browser if you arrive at the previous configurator.

Can you give us an impression of the 250 Pro now that Configurator for the new models is available? Thanks!

Once our dCS event tomorrow is over, of course we will.

The dCS event is over, but still no comment? Has Devialet done something silly? Like appointed new dealerships ? I know they have in my home town. The original dealers are not happy with this development as they have spent a good chunk of money and effort into selling Devialet.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Sep-2016, 08:10)ogs Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 23:19)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 16:35)ogs Wrote: Can you give us an impression of the 250 Pro now that Configurator for the new models is available? Thanks!

Once our dCS event tomorrow is over, of course we will.

The dCS event is over, but still no comment? Has Devialet done something silly? Like appointed new dealerships ? I know they have in my home town. The original dealers are not happy with this development as they have spent a good chunk of money and effort into selling Devialet.

I sincerely hope Oxford Audio are still a Devialet dealer as they have my deposit for a 1000 Pro! Shy

(N.B. They were still very much a Devialet dealer when I was in touch with them yesterday.)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(28-Sep-2016, 12:44)Confused Wrote: I sincerely hope Oxford Audio are still a Devialet dealer as they have my deposit for a 1000 Pro! Shy

(N.B. They were still very much a Devialet dealer when I was in touch with them yesterday.)

I think that is likely given that they are Devialet's top UK dealer (possibly top world dealer, the accolade was not clear at the Devialet/OAC event)
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(29-Sep-2016, 19:03)IanG-UK Wrote:
(28-Sep-2016, 12:44)Confused Wrote: I sincerely hope Oxford Audio are still a Devialet dealer as they have my deposit for a 1000 Pro! Shy

I think that is likely given that they are Devialet's top UK dealer (possibly top world dealer, the accolade was not clear at the Devialet/OAC event)

I hope so too! Comments elsewhere on this forum suggests that the new hardware for the Expert amps is not much better than the old models. One "Devialet chap" thought it would be better to add a D250 and go 800 rather than upgrade to 250 Pro... that may be true, but I am staying with a single amp so I'll upgrade I guess. If this is correct, however, it could explain the silence from Oxford Audio and others on the single box Pro models.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Are there any comments on this forum that suggests that the new Expert hardware is not much better than the old models? There are indeed a few comments speculating that going dual mono would yield better results than upgrading a single Devialet to Pro spec. However, it does just look like speculation, I am not aware of anyone who has put a new spec Pro head to head with an old spec dual mono. In fact, the truth may be more complicated than a simple which is best. Maybe dual mono will come out on top with hard to drive speakers but not with easy to drive models. Maybe bass quality will be better with dual monos but mid range detail better with a single Pro. Who knows until we get a statistically significant number of decent reports. All I know is that the 1000 Pro significantly outperformed a D800 with one particular type of speaker. However, the level of performance from the Pro does lead me to suspect that the old dual mono versus new single Pro might not be 100% in favour of the dual mono, but until a few folk take part in sensible head to head comparison all this remains speculation.

To be honest, I am very surprised at the very low number of posts so far from anyone who has had a decent audition of the Pro, here's hoping this improves soon!
Confused, I may be remembering incorrectly, but weren't you a little underwhelmed when you first heard the Pro (not with your speakers)?
I seem to remember a 'no jaw dropping' comment somewhere along the line. Obviously you changed your mind since then, but just wondering why the initial impression wasn't so good. Maybe it's the more subtle kind of improvement that takes extended listening rather than giving an immediate 'wow'. Could explain the lack of feedback other than dealers (who of course get a wow).

I've still not heard one, hopefully soon, just out of interest. I guess there still aren't many around at the moment, especially the 220/250.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Sep-2016, 20:16)Confused Wrote: .........To be honest, I am very surprised at the very low number of posts so far from anyone who has had a decent audition of the Pro, here's hoping this improves soon!

Agree with your last comment...where are the follow up posts to the dealers that quickly posted that the new stock had arrived, mid-month, but no posts with any comments and comparisons following?  Odd!
(30-Sep-2016, 01:40)Wdw Wrote:
(29-Sep-2016, 20:16)Confused Wrote: .........To be honest, I am very surprised at the very low number of posts so far from anyone who has had a decent audition of the Pro, here's hoping this improves soon!

Agree with your last comment...where are the follow up posts to the dealers that quickly posted that the new stock had arrived, mid-month, but no posts with any comments and comparisons following?  Odd!

Maybe the dealers are all on holiday, flush with the influx of upgrade deposits...... Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Sep-2016, 21:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Confused, I may be remembering incorrectly, but weren't you a little underwhelmed when you first heard the Pro (not with your speakers)?
I seem to remember a 'no jaw dropping' comment somewhere along the line. Obviously you changed your mind since then, but just wondering why the initial impression wasn't so good. Maybe it's the more subtle kind of improvement that takes extended listening rather than giving an immediate 'wow'. Could explain the lack of feedback other than dealers (who of course get a wow).

I've still not heard one, hopefully soon, just out of interest. I guess there still aren't many around at the moment, especially the 220/250.

Ah ha! Shy   Well, due to the power of this forum I can recall exactly what I posted after I first heard the Pro:

'As a final note, yes, the 1000 Pro sounds good. How good? I'll advise further if I get a chance to hook one up to the Blades.'

and with respect to the lower use of class A: 'It did not sound 'less class A'.  That is for sure! '

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3145&page=3

The thing is, the listening at the launch event featured unfamiliar speakers, in an unfamiliar room, with unfamiliar music.  It's a bit like going to a hifi show, you might get a few rough ideas, but to seriously evaluate one particular bit of kit in these circumstances is impossible.  It interests me that I did have a listen to the £250k dCS / D'Agostino rig the other week, and the main thing I kept noticing was the difference between the speakers used for the demo and my own.  Also at the launch event I did spend far too much time chatting to Frank F1eng, NickB and the very charming (with better taste in music too) Mrs NickB.  I don't think anyone could accurately judge the absolute performance of an amplifier in these circumstances, but underwhelmed?  No, not at all.