Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet teaser 07-04-2017 / 'The lost holograms'
(12-Apr-2017, 16:50)Confused Wrote:
(12-Apr-2017, 16:44)Dr Tone Wrote:
(12-Apr-2017, 16:36)Confused Wrote: I am wondering if years of mental torture and abuse from Devialet has sent the majority of posters on this forum stark raving bonkers?

There is some evidence to suggest that this is indeed the case.

It's the last stage before finally seeing the light.  I went through it.

Indeed.  Plus you have those lovely VU meters to look forward to!  I must admit that I do like them a lot.  Enjoy, and let us know how you find them before departing these troubled shores. Shy

+1

It would be nice if people stayed in touch even after moving on.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(12-Apr-2017, 16:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: +1

It would be nice if people stayed in touch even after moving on.

Guillaume

+1

Absolutely Guillaume. We know Devialet read this - and evidence of a level of disillusionment that makes people move away from the brand, despite its many positive features, illustrates how damning the negative features are.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I have not "moved on" from Devialet (still running a 200) but I HAVE decided to not invest any more time and money in their hardware until there is some evidence that they have invested more time and money in their software.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50