Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Upgrade program kick-off
Hi noir,
just saw that you also have the Giya G2. Are you using SAM ?
Hi Vivialet,

I have to admit that i haven't tried SAM yet; Bass always seems so full and integrated Smile
I can give it a try over the weekend tho.

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE
(13-Dec-2016, 23:34)Damon Wrote: ekal,

It was the same thing for me. I had all the original packaging so did not need the 'casing'. The electronic shipping label should take about a week. Even though they mention a box I don't think you will get one- just the labels. Then you print three copies, I think, and call UPS. Then the really hard part starts; the waiting.

It is no minor upgrade; it is a big jump up. But you can bolster your post-count by reporting on your feelings about the new amp.

Hi Damon,

thanks for sharing your experience - I'll report on how it sounds to me when I get it back (well into next year I suppose)  Smile
10pm, i just connected my 1000pro now. did some first tests.

actually i am laughing hilariously now while searching for my bottle of 25 year old glenlivet whisky.
it is really that good. it is no comparison to a couple of devialet prems. the 1000pro sounds live, incredibly like live music.

ill be back after a few hours. i need to intoxicate myself.

(14-Dec-2016, 22:35)noir Wrote: 10pm, i just connected my 1000pro now. did some first tests.

actually i am laughing hilariously now while searching for my bottle of 25 year old glenlivet whisky.
it is really that good. it is no comparison to a couple of devialet prems. the 1000pro sounds live, incredibly like live music.

ill be back after a few hours. i need to intoxicate myself.

Noir

I'm upgrading my 2 x D-P's as two seperate 250Pro Masters (gives me choices down the track). My 1st 250Pro got back last week and my 2nd D-P is currently winging it's way to France (should arrive later today).

I really don't know what adding the 2nd 250Pro (to make a 1000Pro set-up) will add as just the one 250Pro sounds so much better than my pair of D-P's.

Enjoy your 25 year old Glenlivet (I've got a 40 year old kicking around somewhere, but seeing as it's 7.00am in the morning here in Perth will give it a miss just the now).

Enjoy your new 1000Pro, and your wee dram  Big Grin
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Finally taking the plunge, shipping my D250 for upgrade today to get it upgraded while I am away for a holiday break.
(the feedback on this forum helped convince me to give it a try)
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
@Celts88 : thanks, sure enjoyed the dram. and the music Smile

@Vivialet : i played around with SAM yesterday. I haven't reached a conclusion yet,but for now i will leave it on at 0%. It does seem fuller that way. But when i increase SAM percentage over 0%, i feel like it does too much. Will continue testing Smile

(16-Dec-2016, 13:04)noir Wrote: @Celts88 : thanks, sure enjoyed the dram. and the music Smile

Noir

Which one to go for tonight, decisions decisions  Tongue

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(16-Dec-2016, 13:04)noir Wrote: @Vivialet : i played around with SAM yesterday. I haven't reached a conclusion yet,but for now i will leave it on at 0%. It does seem fuller that way. But when i increase SAM percentage over 0%, i feel like it does too much. Will continue testing Smile

I came to the same conclusion. SAM for the Giya G2 was good in V1, since SAM V2 (firmware > 8.x) it is doing too much. I have measured an increase of 5 db starting at 100Hz with SAM set to 0%. I have already asked Devialet about it, but so far no better result. Somtimes it still sounds good, but mostly it sounds much too fat.
So listening without SAM.
(16-Dec-2016, 14:57)Celts88 Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:04)noir Wrote: @Celts88 : thanks, sure enjoyed the dram. and the music Smile

Noir

Which one to go for tonight, decisions decisions  Tongue

Celts88

You do not need them, pass them my way Big Grin

I would go with the Tobermory its been 20 years since i had my last dram of it.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.