Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Upgrade program kick-off
(17-Jan-2017, 21:30)baconbrain Wrote: She's (my Dev is female) here and IMO prettier than ever ... Smile

Oh she has such a lovely bottom, jealous
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
It's far too quiet this evening with my boys (D400) all packaged awaiting Mr UPS tomorrow
It's going to seem like a very looooong few weeks
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(16-Jan-2017, 23:48)markush Wrote: Devialet 220 Pro and B&W 804 Diamond is also a good combination :-) Glad to have done the upgrade from the 120 and amazing to see what performance boost that was.

The 220 Pro and the B&W 804 D3 is Devialet's showcase combination in their new New York SoHo listening experience room!
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
I finally connected my 250 Pro yesterday. Due to a major re-build of our bathroom (lots of dust!) I have not had any sound since September. Practically everything has been packed in boxes or wrapped in plastic. Little chance of a sensible before/after assessment of the difference between the 250 and the new Pro. But I am very happy to have sound again! First impression of the 250 Pro is 'transparent' and 'detailed'. A few hundred hours of break in will be necessary. I also plan to do the speaker binding post mod as described by yabaVR. Pictures and descriptions will follow.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(18-Jan-2017, 05:53)Rocketmannequin Wrote:
(16-Jan-2017, 23:48)markush Wrote: Devialet 220 Pro and B&W 804 Diamond is also a good combination :-) Glad to have done the upgrade from the 120 and amazing to see what performance boost that was.

The 220 Pro and the B&W 804 D3 is Devialet's showcase combination in their new New York SoHo listening experience room!

Hello Rocketmannequin

Do you know which speaker cables they have connected in Soho? I have a D200 with 805d3 and still looking for a good cable.
(18-Jan-2017, 12:13)ogs Wrote: A few hundred hours of break in will be necessary.

Not according to Devialet Wink Angel

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-Jan-2017, 13:00)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(18-Jan-2017, 12:13)ogs Wrote: A few hundred hours of break in will be necessary.

Not according to Devialet  Wink  Angel

Oh! Sorry I forgot about that Exclamation

I'm expecting my UltraCap LPS-1 today or tomorrow so that will be another variable.. difficult times ahead
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(18-Jan-2017, 02:16)tyefighter Wrote: It's far too quiet this evening with my boys (D400) all packaged awaiting Mr UPS tomorrow
It's going to seem like a very looooong few weeks

I share your sadness, just packaged up my LE400 this evening here in AUS, ready for UPS to pick up tomorrow, quiet here too now, empty shelves on the hi fi rack. Judith said 15-20 days till my LE400 returns as 440 PRO, oh I do hope it's closer to 15 days.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
(17-Jan-2017, 20:10)mdconnelly Wrote: My understanding is that the discount codes had to be used before year-end 2016.   Get in touch with them to see what they'll do.

Send them a mail this morning and was issued with a new code by mid-day. Tested this new discount code and it works.
Not to shabby as far as customer service is concerned ....

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Sent my 120 to France on Jan 6 and then went on a business trip until today. The plan was to have the upgrade completed by the time I got back home.
And it worked out brilliantly. Devialet emailed me the UPS tracking information yesterday that the 220 Pro had been shipped. Right off the plane I checked the status again and it said "out for delivery".  I love when a plan comes together !!!

I got back home around noon and UPS rang the door bell at 3.30pm. Perfect timing and this was a really quick turnaround of 12 days only! Fantastic Big Grin

Everything is connected, new config is created and loaded. It's -4C over here and the 220 is pretty cooled down from the transport, so it's it is now playing in the living room for itself at low volume to warm up and break in a bit before I really start listening to it.

I am happy!
Bauer LS 3.0 - Ortofon 7.8N SPK - Octave RE320 - 220 Pro - DH Labs D-110 - Mutec MC-3+ USB - ROON ROCK NUC - Sbooster MKII - Technics 1200 MK2 w/ Quintet Blue