Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Upgrade program kick-off
I fear the day it returns and will play against my OdA .....
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(16-Sep-2016, 13:58)Eddye Wrote: Well, I'm even more confused. Does this mean we can also choose to partially upgrade in 2017 for 1500euro?

No! Asked them today!

Quote:Thanks for your message. We can't already say what the feature will be with the new streaming board as we are still working to modelize it and have only on hand a prototype version of the streaming board. 
With the upgrade your mother board will be able to run with the sreaming board, that won't be the case with the none-pro version.
In terms of timeline, upgrade won't be a ponctual program, we will have the possibility to make the upgrade later in 2017, but conditions will be different concerning the streaming board.

Sébastien | Customer service & support Devialet
(16-Sep-2016, 17:50)Mka Wrote: I fear the day it returns and will play against my OdA .....

Can't wait to hear what you think  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(16-Sep-2016, 17:33)Nygaardinc Wrote: Just received the upgrade mail and ordered it :-)
Quote:+1

Do you all have so (too) much money, ordering an upgrade for thousend of bugs without listening to the new system? No one would buy a new Amp without any audition at home. Not at all. Does no one care about the fact, that not even Devialet knows, what ´future-ready´ means (OS card).

An absolutely mistery to me...
Pretty sure most people don't care a jot about the "streaming card" most are more interested in the improved sound quality they expect from the upgrades available now. I myself look on the streaming card part as an unnecessary evil which I may or may not fit. If it causes problems I won't, if it causes no problems or enhances I will.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(17-Sep-2016, 06:38)NickB Wrote: Pretty sure most people don't care a jot about the "streaming card" most are more interested in the improved sound quality they expect from the upgrades available now. I myself look on the streaming card part as an unnecessary evil which I may or may not fit. If it causes problems I won't, if it causes no problems or enhances I will.

I am not sure if I would want to try to speak for 'most people', but the above does pretty much sum up how I feel about the streamer board.  The thing that matters to me is the sound quality of the Pro.  I listened to a Pro and found a surprisingly big jump in sound quality performance, that was good enough for me.  If the streamer board turns out to be good, this will be a bonus, however I suspect that mine will simply stay in it's box and never be fitted.  Time will tell.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Same here.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(17-Sep-2016, 06:38)NickB Wrote: Pretty sure most people don't care a jot about the "streaming card" most are more interested in the improved sound quality they expect from the upgrades available now. I myself look on the streaming card part as an unnecessary evil which I may or may not fit. If it causes problems I won't, if it causes no problems or enhances I will.

I couldn't agree more! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
So as a few have already listened to new pro model / compared sound quality, how does it differ?
(17-Sep-2016, 07:07)Confused Wrote:

I am not sure if I would want to try to speak for 'most people', but the above does pretty much sum up how I feel about the streamer board.  The thing that matters to me is the sound quality of the Pro.  I listened to a Pro and found a surprisingly big jump in sound quality performance, that was good enough for me.  If the streamer board turns out to be good, this will be a bonus, however I suspect that mine will simply stay in it's box and never be fitted.  Time will tell.

I was actually planning to upgrade from my Mac mini to a streamer so I'm looking forward to trying the Devialet streamer first. It would be great if it's really good. Just to have the two amps, speakers and a network cable would be the ultimate as far as I'm concerned.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.