Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Upgrade program kick-off
(04-Feb-2017, 15:36)miles Wrote:
(04-Feb-2017, 11:43)Xander Wrote: Did anyone who ordered the upgrade after January had a confirmation that they would receive the free streamerboard, or asked this question?

Not directly but we did confirm with the Devialet rep for Africa that we would qualify for the free streamer board even if upgrading in 2017. If you look at the upgrade store it still says it's available free if you upgrade

https://store.devialet.com/experteu_en/d...t-250.html

It's still on the site indeed, strange... however, it's Devialet, great hardware but....

anyway, I can't wait to get some news on the streamer board and new OS.
(04-Feb-2017, 11:43)Xander Wrote: Did anyone who ordered the upgrade after January had a confirmation that they would receive the free streamerboard, or asked this question?

I asked before ordering on January 23rd and got a reply from customer care (with a support ticket and everything) that the offer would be valid until January 31th "for me", whatever that means...  
(04-Feb-2017, 09:43)Craig1512 Wrote: My upgraded LE 440 PRO has arrived back in Australia, now at Sydney Airport customs with scheduled delivery home on Tuesday (Saturday night here). My Expert 400 was picked up on 20 January, so thats 2 weeks / 4 days, not a bad turn around time to the other side of the world, upgrade and back again. So only 3 more sleeps till my 440 PRO arrives home on Tuesday, will have to chuck a sickie I think, oh hope my boss isn't on Devialet Chat!!

tyefighter, that Logitech couldn't have been any worse than the BOSE Sound link portable Im listening to at the moment.

Probably not but I'm so happy to pack it away again in its box

(04-Feb-2017, 12:48)Axel Wrote: Ive been using the supplied Audioquest mains cables and my system sounds great. I've never tried any expensive cables though, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but IMHO top of the range cables are vastly overpriced.

So far they are sounding good to me too. I will probably use them for a few weeks while getting used to the upgrade and then pop the Missing Links back in to see if I can tell a difference. They are not expensive cables by any means but since I have them I may as well compare.
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
My upgraded 440 PRO arrived home today, 1 day earlier than scheduled delivery which was a surprise. The UPS tracking system last update was that my 440 PRO had cleared customs yesterday and no further updates had been recorded to advise it was being delivered, anyway it was a nice surprise. 

I haven't placed the master and companion in my rack and connected up yet, I will do this tomorrow when I have more time. 

However, I did unbox my 440 PRO. The units look brand new, obviously have had a polish, although they did leave here in a new condition anyway. The remote has also been polished and dial seems to feel the same when turned, they installed new batteries, but that appears to be all that has been done to the remote. I received the stock black "kettle" type power cables, this doesn't matter to me as I will use me PS Audio AC5 power cables, but it does bother me as I believe I paid for the Audioquest power cables as part of the upgrade and should have received these. I had read here on the forum that some here in Australia had reported getting the stock power cable also, Celts I think reported this with his 250 PRO upgrade, the Audioquest power cable appears to be only supplied to Europe, US & Canadian upgrades from my reading of posts here. When I made the upgrade purchase, I did email Devialet about whether I would get the Audioquest power cable and I receive an email back from Oceane "Sure you will get new power cables" so didn't answer the question about if I would get Audioquest cables, which is annoying, why don't Devialet just be honest and upfront and say that they can't supply Audioquest power cables with an Australian plug. I would probably accept that as being the case and say no more about it. But having thought about it, others are getting the Audioquest cable, I believe I paid for that cable and should get a refund of the equivalent of the cost of these cables. Had I received the Audioquest power cable I may have sold them on and got some money back for them! 

I also got the stock Crystal S/PDIF cable, again I'm sure I have read here that upgraders are receiving an Audioquest S/PDIF cable. Again, doesn't matter to me as I use my Audioquest Diamond to connect the Master to Companion, but repeat my comments as per the power cable on this.

I prefer the look of old LE400 power button to the new 440 PRO power button.

Anyway, got the day off work tomorrow, looking forward to setting up my 440 PRO and seeing how it sounds. I will report on my listening impressions over in the other appropriate thread.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
(06-Feb-2017, 15:32)Craig1512 Wrote: My upgraded 440 PRO arrived home today, 1 day earlier than scheduled delivery which was a surprise. The UPS tracking system last update was that my 440 PRO had cleared customs yesterday and no further updates had been recorded to advise it was being delivered, anyway it was a nice surprise. 

I haven't placed the master and companion in my rack and connected up yet, I will do this tomorrow when I have more time. 

However, I did unbox my 440 PRO. The units look brand new, obviously have had a polish, although they did leave here in a new condition anyway. The remote has also been polished and dial seems to feel the same when turned, they installed new batteries, but that appears to be all that has been done to the remote. I received the stock black "kettle" type power cables, this doesn't matter to me as I will use me PS Audio AC5 power cables, but it does bother me as I believe I paid for the Audioquest power cables as part of the upgrade and should have received these. I had read here on the forum that some here in Australia had reported getting the stock power cable also, Celts I think reported this with his 250 PRO upgrade, the Audioquest power cable appears to be only supplied to Europe, US & Canadian upgrades from my reading of posts here. When I made the upgrade purchase, I did email Devialet about whether I would get the Audioquest power cable and I receive an email back from Oceane "Sure you will get new power cables" so didn't answer the question about if I would get Audioquest cables, which is annoying, why don't Devialet just be honest and upfront and say that they can't supply Audioquest power cables with an Australian plug. I would probably accept that as being the case and say no more about it. But having thought about it, others are getting the Audioquest cable, I believe I paid for that cable and should get a refund of the equivalent of the cost of these cables. Had I received the Audioquest power cable I may have sold them on and got some money back for them! 

I also got the stock Crystal S/PDIF cable, again I'm sure I have read here that upgraders are receiving an Audioquest S/PDIF cable. Again, doesn't matter to me as I use my Audioquest Diamond to connect the Master to Companion, but repeat my comments as per the power cable on this.

I prefer the look of old LE400 power button to the new 440 PRO power button.

Anyway, got the day off work tomorrow, looking forward to setting up my 440 PRO and seeing how it sounds. I will report on my listening impressions over in the other appropriate thread.

I think everyone got the Crystal interconnect, but some got an Audioquest trigger cable, which I think is where you got your wires crossed (sorry Rolleyes ).
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hello everyone,
I just had a message on my answer machine from Devialet Paris (I am french and live in France) asking me if I was still interested by the upgrade of my Le120. The reason why they phoned me today is because I am on their potential upgraders list but also mainly because the upgrade program is finishing tomorrow, as the guy over the phone mentioned it clearly. Cause I am not interested anymore by the upgrade, I didn't call him back. So, I don't know what it means : is it the end of the whole upgrade program or only the end of the free streaming card ? Anyway, the guy talked about the upgrade program and didn't mentioned the streaming board so... If you are still hesitating for "pressing the button", it should be more than recommended to ask Devialet today about the end of their upgrade program offer.
Have a good day and week end.
Sebastien
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
@Baldoun: if you ever been interested I can tell you it is worth to go from the 120 to the 220. My speakers were a bit too large for the 220 and now they really are well driven plus the already described plus in figuration et al. I would definitely do it again.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Krisp, 
I would like to do the upgrade but it is financially impossible for me. I was hopping to find the money to do the upgrade during 2017 but now, if it is confirmed that the upgrade program is off by tomorrow, I think I will have to stay with my Le120, that I love anyway. I just won't listen to a 220, like this, I won't be disappointed by what I have missed... Sad

Sebastien
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
I received my upgraded 220PRO (from a LE120) about a week ago. Roughly a 3 and a half week turnaround from South Africa to France and back.
I did receive an Audioquest power cable with the upgrade but also prefer the previous power button.
The last week was a bit rough with work and family but I did manage to unbox it, download a new config file and listen to a few tracks just to make sure everything is working.
Straight out of the box I can tell that it was money well spent. I always thought the 120 was slightly underpowered with my Vivid Audio B1's. Although I did not listen at concert volumes, it was pretty close to max volume on the LE120. The 220 definitely has significantly more power, volume and control over the speakers. Treble is slightly toned down to my ears whilst still keeping the detail but soundstage is much larger and voices sound big and rich. Bass has a lot more control. 
I'll hopefully be doing a lot of listening this weekend.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(17-Feb-2017, 16:57)Drifter Wrote: I received my upgraded 220PRO (from a LE120) about a week ago. Roughly a 3 and a half week turnaround from South Africa to France and back.
I did receive an Audioquest power cable with the upgrade but also prefer the previous power button.
The last week was a bit rough with work and family but I did manage to unbox it, download a new config file and listen to a few tracks just to make sure everything is working.
Straight out of the box I can tell that it was money well spent. I always thought the 120 was slightly underpowered with my Vivid Audio B1's. Although I did not listen at concert volumes, it was pretty close to max volume on the LE120. The 220 definitely has significantly more power, volume and control over the speakers. Treble is slightly toned down to my ears whilst still keeping the detail but soundstage is much larger and voices sound big and rich. Bass has a lot more control. 
I'll hopefully be doing a lot of listening this weekend.

I spent about 4 hours yesterday listening. I can only say that the upgrade is profound. Most improved areas are the additional control over bass and the projection of the sound into the room. The soundstage feels more holographic and voices are big and rich.

The amp was cooking when I was done, almost egg frying temperature.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa