Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms update
Just had a Phantom update install which amongst other things is said to finally remove "optical clicks" we shall see.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Well it seems to have done the trick, sounds excellent as well. Been playing non stop all afternoon, Spark has updated as well.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Same Here, I have notice quite a bit of improvement in the sound, and thank god Tidal enable FLAC Smile
This update has been a total disaster for me! My advice is: DON"T UPDATE if you have a working system. In my cases, I was getting flawless playback through the optical connection. Now I get jerky pauses every 5 seconds. TIDAL streams fine, and playback is fine through wifi. Optical is as problematic as ever. 

The engineer(s) at Devialet who decided to use optical as the main interface should be fired instantly. Of all the digital interfaces, it has the poorest quality of connection, the lowest quality of sound, and the cables made are universally the worst, compared to RCA, BNC, AES-EBU, USB etc. Anything would have been preferable on the Dialog (RCA, BNC, AES-EBU etc.) to using an optical connection. No high end digital manufacturer worth his/her salt will tell you to use optical -- most high end converters avoid this connection altogether.