Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware version
My Devialet 200 has some problems when measuring frequency response for some of its inputs ( see the thread http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Frequency...ent-inputs )

I am planning to come back to a previous firmware version to check if the problem is maintained. In principle, I was intending to go back to 7.1.0, but I could also try a 6.x version too.

Is there any problem doing so? Has any of you returned to a previous version? The config.txt is valid for 7.1.0 too?

I have also read that some of you (those that do not have the 400 or 800 versions) consider that 7.1.0 was better in terms of sound quality than the 7.1.1. I would like to know your opinions, several months later.

I don't need bidirectional USB since my turntable is in a different system than the Devialet for the time being, so 7.1.1 is not a requirement.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

I wouldn't bet on the config file working with an older version. It may benefit if testing to generate a new config file as close to default settings as possible anyhow, just to rule out the effect of a particular non-default config setting causing the problem.
Nothing to stop you trying though. It'll probably throw an error on startup if it can't parse the config file properly.
I forgot there's only one configurator (do they have one for older versions?) so presumably that does mean they maintain forward compatibility with config files, so you're probably OK using the same config file with an older version.