Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
LINN just released major upgrade Katalyst
Shocked 
https://www.linn.co.uk/hifi-separates/ne...#klimax-ds
That's interesting, thanks for sharing. But how is this related to Devialet News? Would there be a better location for this thread?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
It's good to see what the competition is up to and there's a far few ex-Linnies on here including me!
interesting & expensive and not in their aktive speakers yet - i.e. not Exakt yet.
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(22-Sep-2016, 08:57)Rufus McDufus Wrote: It's good to see what the competition is up to and there's a far few ex-Linnies on here including me!

Plus, being a network player with XLR output, there is nothing to stop you using one with a Devialet.  With the 'space optimisation' feature, it might be quite an interesting option.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(22-Sep-2016, 14:55)Confused Wrote:
(22-Sep-2016, 08:57)Rufus McDufus Wrote: It's good to see what the competition is up to and there's a far few ex-Linnies on here including me!

Plus, being a network player with XLR output, there is nothing to stop you using one with a Devialet.  With the 'space optimisation' feature, it might be quite an interesting option.

Perhaps it is me being stupid but why would you want to use the analog out of a Linn Klimax DS (XLR), if it was a digital AES output I would understand.

[Image: Klimax-DS-Silver-Rear-x1090.jpg]
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(22-Sep-2016, 15:09)octaviars Wrote:
(22-Sep-2016, 14:55)Confused Wrote:

Perhaps it is me being stupid but why would you want to use the analog out of a Linn Klimax DS (XLR), if it was a digital AES output I would understand.

Ahhh the good old KDS, it certainly brings back fond memories! 

You would have to connect it via RCA pair, this is how I ran my Devialet in the early days!!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Sep-2016, 15:29)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Sep-2016, 15:09)octaviars Wrote:
(22-Sep-2016, 14:55)Confused Wrote: Plus, being a network player with XLR output, there is nothing to stop you using one with a Devialet.  With the 'space optimisation' feature, it might be quite an interesting option.

Ahhh the good old KDS, it certainly brings back fond memories! 

You would have to connect it via RCA pair, this is how I ran my Devialet in the early days!!

Guillaume
No, I did not realise!  So it's me being stupid. Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I do hope that along with competitor upgrades like this and highly user demanded features like room correction (space optimization) Devialet will also finally focus on that.
(22-Sep-2016, 23:43)markush Wrote: I do hope that along with competitor upgrades like this and highly user demanded features like room correction (space optimization) Devialet will also finally focus on that.

Yes, I have to agree.  On Devialet's own website they still have the line 'constant improvements by free regular updates for ever improved features and performance.'  For a while Devialet were delivering on this promise, more recently the firmware updates have offered virtually nothing.  To be honest, I am not optimistic this will improve in the short term, I suspect the Devialet engineers will be focusing on the new streamer board and well as ongoing bug fixing and improving Spark.  Medium term though, I am optimistic.  After all, they will have to come up with something before too long or their words 'constant improvements by free regular updates' will start to look really silly.