Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed
I've borrowed a Rothwell MCL moving coil step up transformer to use with the Devialet, I am getting a lot of hiss/hum with my cartridge which seems to be the norm, can't hear it whilst music is playing but it must affect the dynamics, so I thought I'd give the Rothwell a try. However what settings do I use with it?
http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/h...ormer.html
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
I would have thought that you just set The configurator for a Moving magnet cartridge, plug in the Rothwell and away you go. I don't think there are any parameters for a MM in the configurator it's only Moving coil where you have all the adjustments. (I think!)
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Yes I have just checked the configurator, just use the factory settings for MM cart and adjust the loading to suit
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(23-Sep-2016, 10:48)misterpete Wrote: Yes I have just checked the configurator, just use the factory settings for MM cart and adjust the loading to suit

Thanks misterpete, will give it a go tomorrow
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.