Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Room correction
It may be by chance, but about three months ago micromega announced delivery of the m1 will begin in September. And since then we received a new firmware, Air 3 beta and the announcement of the pro range - until no without any information about features of the OS platform. My guess is that there will be an announcement of OS room correction capabilities in September...
Le 220 PRO, Martin Logan Montis, HMS Gran Finale MK II Speaker Cables, JRiver 20, Qnap TS 221, Tidal Hifi, Air 3.04 over Wifi
(29-Aug-2016, 20:42)devi63 Wrote: ... My guess is that there will be an announcement of OS room correction capabilities in September...

Maybe you'll be right (wouldn't that be nice) - but it's doubtful - the same has pretty much been said every month more or less since at least a year before I bought mine. And I've had mine a year now I'm sure....

The new firmware 10 contained ZERO new features, as did firmware 9. It's not since firmware 8 that there were any notable features or improvements.

Roon lifetime > Mac mini > AIR ethernet (finally!!! After 2 years!!!!) > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact.8
- London, UK -

Seems like there is still no sign of DLRCS v1.2 for Windows, after many months of waiting. 

Are they a busted flush? Anyone know anything ?
NUC/Win10/Roon => AIR 3 Windows Beta => Original d'Atelier => Wilson Duette Mk1
(24-Sep-2016, 17:13)Zappydev Wrote: Seems like there is still no sign of DLRCS v1.2 for Windows, after many months of waiting. 

Are they a busted flush? Anyone know anything ?

Not sure. They seemed like quite a small company when I was speaking to them, and I got the impression they were working hard at getting tie-up's with hardware, cars, etc.

It's great technology, but my guess is it's hard to make money selling to home audio users.
It's a tricky one to price. It's a bit too expensive for 'average' users in my opinion, and advanced users that aren't restricted to macs have other choices that offer more technical features.

It was perfect for me, but I can see they might struggle to sell copies. So I guess they need bulk sales and licensing too. Makes business sense.

But still, if you run on two platforms you should release the updates at the same time.

All just my opinion.

Roon lifetime > Mac mini > AIR ethernet (finally!!! After 2 years!!!!) > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact.8
- London, UK -

Roon's Brian Luczkiewicz announced today that parametric EQ will be part of Roon 1.3. Convolution will also be there, but may not have all functions in place at the release of 1.3. Read his announcement here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/any-pla...ss/6597/97
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Netgear Ultra 2+ NAS::LMS on Intel NUC with Linux::BrutefirDRC::Audiolense::Mutec MC-3+USB::microRendu::LPS-1::250 Pro::Monitor Audio MA201 (thoroughly rebuilt)