Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Room correction
It may be by chance, but about three months ago micromega announced delivery of the m1 will begin in September. And since then we received a new firmware, Air 3 beta and the announcement of the pro range - until no without any information about features of the OS platform. My guess is that there will be an announcement of OS room correction capabilities in September...
220 PRO/CI, Martin Logan Montis, HMS Gran Finale MK II, FritzBox 7590, Audirvana via USB, Tidal Hifi, - South Germany
(29-Aug-2016, 20:42)devi63 Wrote: ... My guess is that there will be an announcement of OS room correction capabilities in September...

Maybe you'll be right (wouldn't that be nice) - but it's doubtful - the same has pretty much been said every month more or less since at least a year before I bought mine. And I've had mine a year now I'm sure....

The new firmware 10 contained ZERO new features, as did firmware 9. It's not since firmware 8 that there were any notable features or improvements.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Seems like there is still no sign of DLRCS v1.2 for Windows, after many months of waiting. 

Are they a busted flush? Anyone know anything ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(24-Sep-2016, 17:13)Zappydev Wrote: Seems like there is still no sign of DLRCS v1.2 for Windows, after many months of waiting. 

Are they a busted flush? Anyone know anything ?

Not sure. They seemed like quite a small company when I was speaking to them, and I got the impression they were working hard at getting tie-up's with hardware, cars, etc.

It's great technology, but my guess is it's hard to make money selling to home audio users.
It's a tricky one to price. It's a bit too expensive for 'average' users in my opinion, and advanced users that aren't restricted to macs have other choices that offer more technical features.

It was perfect for me, but I can see they might struggle to sell copies. So I guess they need bulk sales and licensing too. Makes business sense.

But still, if you run on two platforms you should release the updates at the same time.

All just my opinion.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Roon's Brian Luczkiewicz announced today that parametric EQ will be part of Roon 1.3. Convolution will also be there, but may not have all functions in place at the release of 1.3. Read his announcement here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/any-pla...ss/6597/97
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Apple will have a bad ass room correction for it HomePod --> https://www.apple.com/homepod/ and at the same time Devialet is saying that room correction is a "gimmicky feature"... :/
This may be a (single) Phantom killer, but I do not think it is a match for a stereo pair of golds. And I do not believe Apple is trying to make an impact on audiophiles with the HomePod, it's purely a 'lifestyle' product aimed to sell large amounts. I am sure Apple has thought about how to replace/repair faulty HomePods after warranty though!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(06-Jun-2017, 01:29)mak972 Wrote: at the same time Devialet is saying that room correction is a toy feature... :/
Have they really said that? Wow, I didn't know that they would be so clueless  Huh
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I think some time ago they try to implement it and maybe failed or think it does not worth it, because when I bought my phantom on the support site they talk about implementing this feature in the future and then someday it disappeared.
(06-Jun-2017, 14:46)mak972 Wrote: I think some time ago they try to implement it and maybe failed or think it does not worth it, because when I bought my phantom on the support site they talk about implementing this feature in the future and then someday it disappeared.

Yeah, true, I remember that.

I have spend a lot of effort doing room correction during this year. I have asked many things from Devialet support regarding the room correction because I got problems getting proper measurements when using Umik-1 microphone, AIR, USB, ASIO4ALL and Devialet. It didn't work and results were horrible in both amplitude and time domain. I had to order a new microphone and an external soundcard to get good measurements with Devialet. Devialet support was surprisingly interested in this all because they had never heard someone doing this. They had no idea whether it even could work. They asked for more details and I actually wrote them a 7 page long summary of my findings. The summary contained just basic things like how did I measure, measurement equipment, measurement results in amplitude and time domain, and listening results of the convolution filters. Guess what they replied to me after that - nothing, nothing at all.

Good news is that the convolution filters sound great and I can use them with Roon. The only problem being that I cannot run these convolution filters inside Devialet. I would like to use them also with other inputs of the Devialet like turntable and AV-setup. I got a "nice" +24 db room mode on 40 hz so obviously music sounds horrible without any room correction. Even movies and games sound ridiculous without room correction when having this kind of room mode. I suppose once you get excellent results with room correction, there is no way going back.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland