Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Room correction
@markush I have already ask them and I agree with you more should ask for this feature
So let's unify our voices and show / tell them what the community needs!
(18-Oct-2015, 07:51)markush Wrote: So let's unify our voices and show / tell them what the community needs!

I've done this as well as requested all the other features I'd like to see - like native Roonspeakers support, new advanced iOS app, better EQ, and better more immediate (iPad based) configuration.

Knowing Devislet as I do I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference - they don't seem to have a customer focussed development mindset in my opinion - but there's always hope I suppose....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Absolutely - The more we are able to focus and express our requirements the more Devialet is also able / in need to meet market expectations. There is also especially in view of room correction an increased pressure of market competitors.
RC will not be added .. IMHO.. as its way too complex to do a set and forget type calibration
For 1/10 of the price , add a miniDSP dirac or FIR based unit and use it in the digital domain prior to the Devialet..
From $299 to $899
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Well if LINN is doing it successfully ( http://www.linn.co.uk/music-systems/tech...e-speakers ) I think Devialet can easily achieve that too. They already have a great varietey of various speaker measurements in their database.
SAM or speaker correction is vastly different to Digital room correction ..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(20-Oct-2015, 08:59)Rodney Gold Wrote: SAM or speaker correction is vastly different to Digital room correction ..

I do not agree. Seen from a DSP perspective it is very much the same.  Making good sounding DRC filters is someting else of course, but translating a DRC filter for use with the internal DSP should be trivial.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly if you are talking number crunching

Most DRC programs have psychoacoustic elements , decisions/compromises to make ..have different flavours

Any speaker correction without mics cannot possibly take the room into account.

DRC on the other hand takes the most important area, the listening position , measures at that point and works from there i
same coin , 2 different sdes
A explanatory vidéo of how Trueplay works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QgJHUy93T0

If sonos did it Devialet can do it.