Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Room correction
I asked about room correction feature from Devialet support couple weeks ago. Here is a direct copy-paste from the reply that I got:

"We know that room correction is a popular demand from customers, we still have spare DSP power left but nothing in our roadmap yet."
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(25-Jan-2016, 04:03)deviousalet Wrote: Devialet will create a custom configuration if you want tone controls at points other than their stock ones, but this is just a custom curve not integration with better systems such as Dirac which do more than boost/cut a frequency.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...correction

Any decent AC Receiver has better room correction than just a boost/cut, and Dirac is much better. So my wish list is for Devialet to license and integrate Dirac as other companies like Emotiva and Arcam have done, or invent their own superior alternative if they can.
http://www.dirac.com/home-and-professional-audio/

I do not want Dirac. It is proprietary. I want support for room correction filters in a convolver function. I guess Dirac is good, but it needs to export filters that can be used by a convolver function or Dirac and Devialet must work together to create some workaround. Like the MiniDSP solution. Devialet actually working with someone? Unlikely...
Creating their own RC solution would be a waste of time. If Devialet had all other features working (AIR... remote control + Dialog and various Phantom issues..) maybe they could look at their own RC solution, but considering the maturity of Audiolense and Acourate it would be stupid of them to try and make their own.
The info in the linked help page is wrong. Devialet does not create special corrections for users any more.  See my post further up the thread.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(25-Jan-2016, 07:22)petrik Wrote: I asked about room correction feature from Devialet support couple weeks ago. Here is a direct copy-paste from the reply that I got:

"We know that room correction is a popular demand from customers, we still have spare DSP power left but nothing in our roadmap yet."

Or, "We know you want it, and our hardware can do it, but you can't have it!" Rolleyes

They did elude to a better, more configurable, parametric EQ coming when I asked. Not RC, but it's something I suppose.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Jan-2016, 09:27)ogs Wrote: I do not want Dirac. It is proprietary. I want support for room correction filters in a convolver function. I guess Dirac is good, but it needs to export filters that can be used by a convolver function or Dirac and Devialet must work together to create some workaround. Like the MiniDSP solution. Devialet actually working with someone? Unlikely...
Creating their own RC solution would be a waste of time. If Devialet had all other features working (AIR... remote control + Dialog and various Phantom issues..) maybe they could look at their own RC solution, but considering the maturity of Audiolense and Acourate it would be stupid of them to try and make their own.
The info in the linked help page is wrong. Devialet does not create special corrections for users any more.  See my post further up the thread.

Thanks for the correction and better information. My mistake for believing the Devialet website again (promises promises). I agree that a non-proprietary solution would be ideal as long as it is as good as the proprietary solutions.
Guillaume/others... Can you share your experience in combining the Trinnov amethiste and the Devialet?
Thanks!
I just spotted this in the temple of truth (Devialet's website)

Is this new or have these words been there a while?

How to set up room-correction

Devialet products are equipped with an advanced, configurable tone control stage. It can already act as a simple though very efficient room-correction system. If you need a more advanced correction, please send us your precise requirements (frequencies to be corrected and level of attenuation or boost). We will be happy to study your case and send you, if possible, a custom configuration file.

We are studying the possibility to implement advanced room-correction capabilities in Devialet products whose hardware is already ready for. As of yet, we can't give any availability date for this feature.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Sadly, I think it's been there for a while. If I remember correctly they no longer offer custom configurations for room correction either.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yes, they've promised that for a long time. I'm getting conflicting information about a custom configuration (one Dev. reps says yes and another isn't sure), but they aren't getting back to me with the real answer. I figure they're all working on Guillaume's very special Original d'Atelier so I wouldn't interrupt that.
No news on this topic ?
(13-Aug-2016, 09:50)mak972 Wrote: No news on this topic ?

Unfortunately no. I've basically given up waiting for RC/convoluton from Devialet. I am waiting for Roon to implement convolution (maybe in v1.3?) In the mean time I use LMS with BrutefirDRC. JRiver as DLNA server with DSP enabled is also very good.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB