Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DCS Vivaldi Upsampler and Rossini Roon Update
DCS Vivaldi Up Sampler and Rossini Update -

The Roon interface is now built into the Vivaldi Up Sampler and Rossini products - No need for a computer to run Roon!

Anyone wishing to experiment with dCS as a front end to Devialet can now have the very best interface and convenience.
Any news on the network bridge pricing? I hear it's releasing in November and will also be RoonReady....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

None yet - not too long to wait we hope.
S
(01-Oct-2016, 16:25)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote: DCS Vivaldi Up Sampler and Rossini Update -

The Roon interface is now built into the Vivaldi Up Sampler and Rossini products - No need for a computer to run Roon!

Anyone wishing to experiment with dCS as a front end to Devialet can now have the very best interface and convenience.

What do you mean with no need for a computer to run Roon? I thought that dcs got Roon Ready and is a endpoint in a Roon. Roon Server or Roon core still needs to run on some sort of computer or am I missing something here?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

The dCS can run Roon without PC being switched on if the NAS drive is set up as a 'Roon' Core.

Working here perfectly using I phone 5 or Gen 2 or newer I pads

We use a QNAP TS453 PRO and will be experimenting with others
(03-Oct-2016, 09:40)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote: The dCS can run Roon without PC being switched on if the NAS drive is set up as a 'Roon' Core.

Another option might be the sonicTransporter which is what I use with my totaldac d1 streamer. I'm sure it would work well with the dCS.

It comes with Roon Server preinstalled and you can spec it with SSD (up to 2TB). Very small, light weight and runs cool without a fan.

I paid $799 + shipping for mine and obviously some import duty since it shipped from the US.

For bigger collections they recommend the sonicTransporter I5 which you can spec up to 4TB.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(03-Oct-2016, 09:40)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote: The dCS can run Roon without PC being switched on if the NAS drive is set up as a 'Roon' Core.

Yes but you still need something that runs the server and if it is a computer or a NAS perhaps that does not matter so much. If you have a large library with music Roon recomends to have a NAS with i3 or i5 processor and they are not so cheap. VortexBox and SonicTransport is another small computer that is available with i5 processor and runs Roon Server and uses a smal amount of power.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I noticed the partners page has been updated on Roons website and has quite a few new brands listed under the 'core' partners. I guess this area will start to grow quite a bit now, although I doubt many could rival the ST for value for money.

They've got a decent stack of brands going through RoonReady now. Even I can't imagine Devialet would ignore it assuming the new streamer board will be capable, and it's hard to see how it wouldn't be.

Meanwhile I think the dCS could potentially be a great solution as its network to AES all in one box, but I doubt it's going to be cheap....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(01-Oct-2016, 16:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Any news on the network bridge pricing? I hear it's releasing in November and will also be RoonReady....

£2750.00 - £3750.00 is my best guess at the moment - We want it higher, dCS want it lower ;-)
(03-Oct-2016, 11:38)octaviars Wrote:

Yes but you still need something that runs the server and if it is a computer or a NAS perhaps that does not matter so much. If you have a large library with music Roon recomends to have a NAS with i3 or i5 processor and they are not so cheap. VortexBox and SonicTransport is another small computer that is available with i5 processor and runs Roon Server and uses a smal amount of power.