Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your general listening level ?
Whether you own a single Devialet Expert OR even the monoblocks, I'm curious to learn what sort of volume levels do fellas here listen at ?

-15, -3, 0 or even ... +...  dB on their Devialet dial / s   ...  ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(02-Oct-2016, 10:55)audio_engr Wrote: Whether you own a single Devialet Expert OR even the monoblocks, I'm curious to learn what sort of volume levels do fellas here listen at ?

Usually around -25, but when I'm listening loud, almost never over -10.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
D250. Level normally between -20 and +10. Loudspeakers are 95dbw sensitivity.
(02-Oct-2016, 11:00)Axel Wrote:
(02-Oct-2016, 10:55)audio_engr Wrote: Whether you own a single Devialet Expert OR even the monoblocks, I'm curious to learn what sort of volume levels do fellas here listen at ?

Usually around -25, but when I'm listening loud, almost never over -10.

Thanks Axel ... 

hmmm !!  .. with my D400 & 802 D3 in a large room, i.e. 5.8 metres wide (19-Ft) X 9.15 metres long (30-Ft), I'm doing -3dB and am wondering if its too much OR do I need to move to D800 / 1000 Pro ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Lots of historic light reading here: Shy

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...ght=volume
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

This would actually be more relevant if one measured  SPL at the listening position and give the volume level on the amplifier for a given type of music.

I use room correction and loose around 10-15 dB depending on the filter in use. With my 250 set to 180watt, a volume setting of -15 will produce around 80 dB SPL on pop music (The Absense by Melody Gardot for example) measured on my iPod Touch. I sit fairly close to the speaker - less that 3 meters.

There are calibrated (to the internal mic) SPL meter apps available for iPod/iPad and Android. I would guess most of you have a smart phone or tablet where you can use an SPL app.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Its been very interesting to read up the huge variances of Listening level ...

so far I concur I ain't doing too bad at approx -3 dB on the average with Hi-Rez flac files

Thanks to @ confused for posting the previous thread link ..
Anything beyond -25dB will have the neighbours in the flat above round.......
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Comparisons like these are not really useful. Much depends of course on things like speaker sensitivity, room size, acoustics and distance between listening position and loudspeakers but even more on the general type of music one listens to. People playing classical music will have a higher average volume setting than those listening to pop/rock music which is much more compressed.

What of course one can compare is the avarage SPL (preferably in dBc) preferred at ones listening position. It's an objective value to compare one can measure using a dB meter. In general, when I really sit down for music to enjoy, I like to listen at an average of 75dBc. In my system/with my music this corresponds to -25dB to -18dB on the 250.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
With my relative insensitive speakers I usually listen between -20 to -14db