Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms turning yellow
(04-Oct-2017, 12:14)faffing Wrote: Was great to find this thread - was having the same issue (yellowing and a small crack) but all the manager at the store wanted to do was upsell me to the gold.

I reached out to support this morning so hopefully they will resolve.

If the small crack is a production defect Devialet has replaced the speakers in similar cases.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-Oct-2017, 12:39)ragwo Wrote:
(04-Oct-2017, 12:14)faffing Wrote: Was great to find this thread - was having the same issue (yellowing and a small crack) but all the manager at the store wanted to do was upsell me to the gold.

If the small crack is a production defect Devialet has replaced the speakers in similar cases.

I can confirm that Devialet was very responsive when I encountered the same crack on one of my Silver. I reached to them via Chat and they responded a couple of days after. Perhaps they would be even faster via phone. They advanced-shipped me a replacement and took care of the return of the defective as well. This was fortunately under the tail end of my warranty.
(05-Oct-2017, 00:37)kameraguy Wrote:
(04-Oct-2017, 12:39)ragwo Wrote:

I can confirm that Devialet was very responsive when I encountered the same crack on one of my Silver. I reached to them via Chat and they responded a couple of days after. Perhaps they would be even faster via phone. They advanced-shipped me a replacement and took care of the return of the defective as well. This was fortunately under the tail end of my warranty.

Thanks guys for the follow up - unfortunately and disappointingly I am not getting amazing support on this.

They are currently insisting that I ship my device to Paris for them to asses before they will work to replace.
(18-Oct-2017, 16:32)faffing Wrote:
(05-Oct-2017, 00:37)kameraguy Wrote:
(04-Oct-2017, 12:39)ragwo Wrote: If the small crack is a production defect Devialet has replaced the speakers in similar cases.

Thanks guys for the follow up - unfortunately and disappointingly I am not getting amazing support on this.

They are currently insisting that I ship my device to Paris for them to asses before they will work to replace.

What do you want then? That they first send you a new one ???