Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1000pro vs Od'A
Hi,

Anyone had a chance to make comparative listening between 1000pro and OdA, would be interested in feedback. 

Thx
F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
We will do a shout out A/B session next weekend and we will have a quite mixed listening group. My d1000 pro will have 5 continuous day of burn in till then.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
You know what? I have heard both the O'dA and the 1000 Pro at Oxford Audio. I think I know what the conclusion of this shoot out will be, maybe? I'm saying nothing! Expectation bias and all that, I'll be fascinated to read your conclusions.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(08-Oct-2016, 17:31)Confused Wrote: You know what?  I have heard both the O'dA and the 1000 Pro at Oxford Audio.  I think I know what the conclusion of this shoot out will be, maybe?  I'm saying nothing!  Expectation bias and all that, I'll be fascinated to read your conclusions.

Let's we will do some blind A/B testing to rule out the psychological moment as much as possible. I f bias would not influence our hearing, a lot of people selling highness Ethernet cables...... would go out of business :-)
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(08-Oct-2016, 17:31)Confused Wrote: You know what? I have heard both the O'dA and the 1000 Pro at Oxford Audio. I think I know what the conclusion of this shoot out will be, maybe? I'm saying nothing! Expectation bias and all that, I'll be fascinated to read your conclusions.

That mere fact that the O d'A looks much better than the 1000Pro and you ordered a 1000Pro doesn't give away anything, does it?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Oct-2016, 18:38)Mka Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 17:31)Confused Wrote: You know what?  I have heard both the O'dA and the 1000 Pro at Oxford Audio.  I think I know what the conclusion of this shoot out will be, maybe?  I'm saying nothing!  Expectation bias and all that, I'll be fascinated to read your conclusions.

Let's we will do some blind A/B testing to rule out the psychological moment as much as possible. I f bias would not influence our hearing, a lot of people selling highness Ethernet cables...... would go out of business :-)

Now that one I'm really looking forward to.
It would be interesting to 'blind' something more entry level with them too, like a 120, to see how obviously people can pick it out against the big boys.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-Oct-2016, 20:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 18:38)Mka Wrote:

Now that one I'm really looking forward to.
It would be interesting to 'blind' something more entry level with them too, like a 120, to see how obviously people can pick it out against the big boys.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that you would have to be pretty hard of hearing not to hear the jump in SQ from 200 to O d'A. It's like seeing the difference between a red and a blue car. No expectation bias needed.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Oct-2016, 20:23)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

That mere fact that the O d'A looks much better than the 1000Pro and you ordered a 1000Pro doesn't give away anything, does it?

My wife will never accept the golden OdA in our living room so I had to update the 800 Iclaasic chrome) -Smile a
(08-Oct-2016, 22:36)Mka Wrote:

My wife will never accept the golden OdA in our living room so I had to update the 800 Iclaasic chrome) -Smile a

Well there's a difference... My wife is happy for us to buy copper pans so when we have them in our new kitchen/living/dining room they match up with the O d'A. Smile
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Oct-2016, 22:36)Mka Wrote:

Totally agree. There are some really cheap Oda's going round at the moment, but i just can't do rose gold Sad