Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1000pro vs Od'A
(08-Oct-2016, 23:37)wikeeboy Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 22:36)Mka Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 20:23)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That mere fact that the O d'A looks much better than the 1000Pro and you ordered a 1000Pro doesn't give away anything, does it?

My wife will never accept the golden OdA in our living room so I had to update the 800 Iclaasic chrome) -Smile a

Totally agree. There are some really cheap Oda's going round at the moment, but i just can't do rose gold Sad

Really cheap?!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(09-Oct-2016, 11:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 23:37)wikeeboy Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 22:36)Mka Wrote: My wife will never accept the golden OdA in our living room so I had to update the 800 Iclaasic chrome) -Smile a

Totally agree. There are some really cheap Oda's going round at the moment, but i just can't do rose gold Sad

Really cheap?!

Hmm, yes i take your point! I should have said really cheap, relative to the original RRP  Smile
(09-Oct-2016, 12:06)wikeeboy Wrote:
(09-Oct-2016, 11:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 23:37)wikeeboy Wrote: Totally agree. There are some really cheap Oda's going round at the moment, but i just can't do rose gold Sad

Really cheap?!

Hmm, yes i take your point! I should have said really cheap, relative to the original RRP  Smile

What are they going for at the moment?
Given that they will be upgraded to 1000Pro status for free, they could be a bargain compared to the 1000Pro. Or are they still more expensive?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
If I could have bought a 'really cheap' O'dA I think I would have done so! To be honest, I'm not that keen on the copper gold finish. Yes, the O'dA looks superb, but the black chrome does look just right in my rack. As for the O'dA's limited edition status, maybe that could be well worth something in terms of future resale value? Time will tell. The trouble is, I couldn't find a 'really cheap' O'dA! Unless you would consider a price similar to the 1000 Pro really cheap!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The Oda's i've been able to get my hands on are significantly cheaper than the RRP of the 1000Pro. I have seen the Oda, and i don't like the colour, i prefer the black chrome. If i was a fan of the rose gold it would be a no brainer in terms of cost and also the lifetime upgrade.

To put things in perspective, i could pick up an Oda for about 65% of the suggested RRP of the 1000Pro.
(10-Oct-2016, 13:01)wikeeboy Wrote: The Oda's i've been able to get my hands on are significantly cheaper than the RRP of the 1000Pro. I have seen the Oda, and i don't like the colour, i prefer the black chrome. If i was a fan of the rose gold it would be a no brainer in terms of cost and also the lifetime upgrade.

To put things in perspective, i could pick up an Oda for about 65% of the suggested RRP of the 1000Pro.

I'm not partial to the colour, but if I could afford it and wanted a two-box setup I'd grab one for sure - at that price it would be worth redecorating, or wearing tinted glasses, or get Manoet to convert them. Wink

Maybe Confused can get the details and cancel his order....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-Oct-2016, 13:45)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(10-Oct-2016, 13:01)wikeeboy Wrote: The Oda's i've been able to get my hands on are significantly cheaper than the RRP of the 1000Pro. I have seen the Oda, and i don't like the colour, i prefer the black chrome. If i was a fan of the rose gold it would be a no brainer in terms of cost and also the lifetime upgrade.

I'm not partial to the colour, but if I could afford it and wanted a two-box setup I'd grab one for sure - at that price it would be worth redecorating, or wearing tinted glasses, or get Manoet to convert them. Wink

Maybe Confused has paid a deposit and believes a deal is a deal! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(10-Oct-2016, 14:05)Confused Wrote:
(10-Oct-2016, 13:45)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Maybe Confused has paid a deposit and believes a deal is a deal! Shy

You could probably sell the 1000Pro at only a slight loss, and still come out on top if it really is 65% RRP. Angel

Sounds like there are some great deals out there for anyone in the market though.

The cheaper O d'As available on the market are sadly the result of Devialet devaluing this model long before the 1000 PRO even landed on our shores.

Great for anyone looking for a bargain but I can't say I feel good about it, having doled out £23k for the privilege of owning one.  Sad

What Devialet should do is prioritise all O d'A owners with a full 1000 PRO upgrade and actually they could go a step further and include something additional - over and above the OS board. With 60 engineers or whatever it is they employ I'm sure they can think of something. 

This would IMHO very quickly make the O d'A one of the most desirable models in the line up. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(10-Oct-2016, 16:08)GuillaumeB Wrote: The cheaper O d'As available on the market are sadly the result of Devialet devaluing this model long before the 1000 PRO even landed on our shores.

Great for anyone looking for a bargain but I can't say I feel good about it, having doled out £23k for the privilege of owning one.  Sad

What Devialet should do is prioritise all O d'A owners with a full 1000 PRO upgrade and actually they could go a step further and include something additional - over and above the OS board. With 60 engineers or whatever it is they employ I'm sure they can think of something. 

This would IMHO very quickly make the O d'A one of the most desirable models in the line up. 

Guillaume

Yeah, a crazy situation. Or maybe work out squeezing 1100W out of the OdA or restrict the Pro to 900 until they've worked out how to do it. Or like you say, add something.

But then it still doesn't make sense that they can be had for 65% RRP (if true) because they get upgraded to 1000Pro spec for free, and allegedly for life - so it would surely still be the best buy.

Although neither does it make sense that you can walk into a dealer and buy a 120 (new, used, or ex-dem) and get it upgraded to a 220 Pro for about £2,300. But there you have it.

I suppose there's nothing to say future advancements won't get fast-tracked into the OdA before anything else, so it will probably still turn out to be a good buy. And at £5000 a pop, each free upgrade will start to feel pretty good value.

What do the dealers make of the OdA situation? Are they hounding Devialet to look after those customers?