Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angle Phantoms downwards
Hi I have had a shuffle round at home and want my Phantoms quite high up for practical reasons

Anyone have any advice on how to work out what angle to point them down / how high to lift the backs to mimic them being head height in a seated position?

And if so any clever / safe ideas to achieve it without the speakers being at risk of slipping / toppling off?

Look forward to the myriad of clever things about to be posted to help me out Smile

Pic attached - seating position around 8ft away 

Kind regards
Jamie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi

The best solution is to purchase a wall bracket called Gecko...
It will fit the need and will put the phantom in the angle...
Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(10-Oct-2016, 05:35)angenet Wrote: Hi

Thx

Thanks - and do you think it would work just as a speaker support on a flat surface? (Rather than wall mounting?)

Hopefully some other clever (cheaper Smile) ideas will come along too Smile
[quote='Jamington2004' pid='50300' Thanks - and do you think it would work just as a speaker support on a flat surface?
[/quote]

The geckos need to be wall mounted. How about something like this? Probably better / cheaper

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231399042606?_mwBanner=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A local machine shop made two brackets for me. Looks really bad, works like a charm.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(10-Oct-2016, 07:53)TJamington2004 Wrote:
(10-Oct-2016, 05:35)angenet Wrote: Hi

Thx

Thanks - and do you think it would work just as a speaker support on a flat surface? (Rather than wall mounting?)

Hopefully some other clever (cheaper Smile) ideas will come along too Smile

(10-Oct-2016, 08:30)martinskeem Wrote: [quote='Jamington2004' pid='50300' Thanks - and do you think it would work just as a speaker support on a flat surface?

The geckos need to be wall mounted. How about something like this? Probably better / cheaper

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231399042606?_mwBanner=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Yeah saw those - think they are designed for a flat bottomed speaker
(10-Oct-2016, 16:00)ragwo Wrote: A local machine shop made two brackets for me. Looks really bad, works like a charm.

That looks great - you wouldn't see it with the speaker on top and would be sure it wouldnt slip of no matter how steep the angle!

Will use that photo to show someone thanks Smile
(11-Oct-2016, 21:34)Jamington2004 Wrote: That looks great - you wouldn't see it with the speaker on top and would be sure it wouldnt slip of no matter how steep the angle!

Here are the measurements of the ones I made :

[Image: H1bsiaK.png]
(12-Oct-2016, 15:40)EvPa Wrote:
(11-Oct-2016, 21:34)Jamington2004 Wrote: That looks great - you wouldn't see it with the speaker on top and would be sure it wouldnt slip of no matter how steep the angle!

Here are the measurements of the ones I made :

Superstar thanks Smile
I wanted to buy a pair of gecko but i did not because if you can fine tune the left / right angle, I noticed it is impossible to do it for up / down angle.

The second issue is that the position of the phantom is actually critical ; once you have made the holes in the wall, just imagine what the CFO will say if you begin to explain you need to change...

I still have no solution for now and plan to machine a bracket of my own to get left/right and up/down adjustment.