Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Forum
A measure of the success of this forum might be indicated by the fact that the Devialet thread on HiFiWigwam has dropped from the first page of owners club threads - the top 20 - despite its c.300,000 views and c.2,500 posts - but very few views and posts of late.

Given that the HFW Devialet thread was way way ahead of all other owners threads (Kondo 15,000 views and 350 posts, everything else under 5,000 views and 150 posts) this says a lot for this forum, its administrators and its broadly well behaved contributors!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(08-Oct-2014, 18:01)IanG-UK Wrote: A measure of the success of this forum might be indicated by the fact that the Devialet thread on HiFiWigwam has dropped from the first page of owners club threads - the top 20 - despite its c.300,000 views and c.2,500 posts - but very few views and posts of late.

Given that the HFW Devialet thread was way way ahead of all other owners threads (Kondo 15.000 views and 350 posts, everything else under 5,000 views and 150 posts) this says a lot for this forum, its administrators and its broadly well behaved contributors!

Cheers Ian! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
This is indeed a polite, quiet and peaceful forum. We don't have any known trolls!

Sometimes I wander around other forums, only to be annoyed by Highfidelity/disbeliever/whoever may be, bragging about his class AB super amps trouncing Devialet's class D, and how gullible we are...

...and then I come back here and see enthusiasts exchanging views and learning from one another. This is how Internet should be.

Thanks be given to the forum creator!
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

I have only spent a few minutes on other forums for Devialet, as I am a newcomer, so still finding out as much as I can. But I agree that the tone and participation here is excellent. I'm currently a Naim owner (entry-level to be sure) but I recognize some Naim forum members here; that is especially good for me as I have heard the D120 twice, and I am growing more and more convinced that I will move to Devialet. And in this long process, having the considered and generous replies from members of this form is extremely helpful. Yes, I trust my own ears (indeed, my ears led me here) but it is always the case that we can learn from the experiences and opinions of others who have made a similar journey.

So, I second the compliment, and I'm very pleased to be a member.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Great news!