Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Support desk availability
Has anyone tried to call the support desk? All I get is a tape with a french woman saying something I don't understand.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(14-Oct-2016, 10:03)iamwappie Wrote: Has anyone tried to call the support desk? All I get is a tape with a french woman saying something I don't understand.

+1

She tells you to,leave a message with your phone number after the beeeeep
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(14-Oct-2016, 13:10)Mka Wrote:
(14-Oct-2016, 10:03)iamwappie Wrote: Has anyone tried to call the support desk? All I get is a tape with a french woman saying something I don't understand.

+1

Ah Thanks. And like good french human nature they assume the whole world speaks french Confused

So I see no added value in having a phone number for support (only to talk to a voicemail) vs a online ticket request
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
They usually answer, maybe she is ill maybe she is on holiday maybe many things, but someone usually answers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(14-Oct-2016, 13:22)NickB Wrote: They usually answer, maybe she is ill maybe she is on holiday maybe many things, but someone usually answers.

Do they speak English when they do answer?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
They always have when I asked them if they spoke English.

UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(14-Oct-2016, 13:15)iamwappie Wrote:
(14-Oct-2016, 13:10)Mka Wrote:

+1

Ah Thanks. And like good french human nature they assume the whole world speaks french  Confused

So I see no added value in having a phone number for support (only to talk to a voicemail) vs a online ticket request

I posted the following at the 'Love is in the AIR' thread/forum at Devialet's official website on 5 Oct but, sorry, there is still no reply yet :

'G51October 05, 2016 22:52

Dear Seb and all who voiced their opinions here :
I have bought my Le200 for almost two years. From day one up till this moment, I still think Devialet is a revolutionary high fidelity product.
However Devialet has not done enough to address and make response to the enquiries raised by the users or about the issues around its product. I am NOT saying it must say yes to add whatever new features/functions requested by the customers. It is not practical and no need. But please let us know what Devialet is thinking, planning, doing to address the problems we are facing when using your product.

I am sorry Seb is the only one to answer all our inputs here. More resources should be given to Seb. It might be similar case for even Devialet Customer Service Staff who might not be well informed what they should respond when receiving opinions or say complaints, e.g. white noise.  
The CEO told that Devialet would improve on communication. But sorry not too much has been seen. 
I hope the whole Devialet staff and the bosses themselves would spend some times to read these threads and make responses here right at these threads and win our hearts back.

The above is not a complaint but the voice from a die-hard fan of Devialet.
Gibson'

I even posted the message in French using Google Translate a few days later but, sorry, no reply or any kind of responses.

My conclusion (sadly) - Devialet does not like to communicate.
I think many of us had reached that conclusion a while back.... although strictly speaking the question here was about the phone line.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I got a feedback that they were very busy the day i called and hence the tape response. That was only in French. Since the European support is supposed to be English and French as is stated on the website this is room for improvement.

An update on issue resolution; I looked-up the serial number which I found out was the same as I had before but the experience was totally different as the dial and the buttons felt changed. Maybe they took it apart for a polish job?

Support indicated that they are going to send a new one with a return label to send the old one back. Properly solved I'd say.
I read they 'fully refurbish' the remote. Bearing in mind the new 5yr warranty, perhaps they just gut it and replace the electronics and wheel mechanism - keeping only the case? So it would possibly feel like a brand new one, or perhaps in this case the replacement parts weren't seated properly?

Great outcome anyway.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<