Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Audio Sabrina
They look gorgeous  

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(09-Mar-2016, 20:15)samurai7595 Wrote: I auditioned an Obsidian Black pair which sounded & looked gorgeous (Heart) with my Devialet 200 but unfortunately, they were not within by budget...   Sad

They were well over what I wanted to pay as well but I felt it was the one speaker that was worth the extra money.  People usually say that after a certain price point in the audiophile world, doubling your cost starts giving diminishing returns.  In this case for about double the new price of 1028BEs I got more than twice the speaker, I feel they are that good.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Congratulations, they look fabulous and must sound the same.

I would definitely like to try a pair sometime.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
This was posted on the AudioAficianado site this morning, I pretty much describes how i felt about the Sabrinas perfectly:

http://www.audioaficionado.org/wilson-au...post766905
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Mine shipped late last week but have to go through Vancouver to clear customs first so who knows when they will actually get here.

(21-Mar-2016, 13:59)Dr Tone Wrote: Mine shipped late last week but have to go through Vancouver to clear customs first so who knows when they will actually get here.

Its time for you to get excited  Smile

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Please post some pics when they arrive. Congrats
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
Onkyo Cd transport via aes/ebu
Direct Drive Turntable Micro Benz Gold MC Cartridge
2 x Shunyata Sigma Digital Power Cord
Transparent Super MM2 Speaker Cable
They have arrived in Calgary and cleared customs. Now for them to get to my dealer and for me to convince him to set them up tomorrow afternoon instead of Saturday. Stupid Good Friday!

My cursing the holiday payed off. They just arrived at the dealer and he is bringing and setting them up on Friday.

(23-Mar-2016, 21:08)Dr Tone Wrote: My cursing the holiday payed off.  They just arrived at the dealer and he is bringing and setting them up on Friday.

Nothing better than the excitement of some new kit , have fun.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England