Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very positive user review of the 220
Yes Pim. I will swap with you, and throw in the upgrade to D220 Pro for free :-))
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(18-Oct-2016, 20:56)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 20:15)GuillaumeB Wrote: The difference between 200 and 220 is considerable and greater than that between 800 and O d'A...  Cool

Guillaume

Thanks!  I do use Google translate but just find myself giggling at the translations rather than concentrating on the article. It's much better than my French though.

So "Workshop Original" - is that the literal translation of OdA, or the correct one?

I guess it is a correct translation! But it does sound much better in French  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Oct-2016, 21:03)kerkhoffd Wrote: Yes Pim. I will swap with you, and throw in the upgrade to D220 Pro for free :-))

...I still have my old D200 mate. Sorry  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(18-Oct-2016, 21:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 21:03)kerkhoffd Wrote: Yes Pim. I will swap with you, and throw in the upgrade to D220 Pro for free :-))

...I still have my old D200 mate. Sorry  Big Grin

Da's nou jammer. Big Grin
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(18-Oct-2016, 20:58)Pim van Vliet Wrote: So I should sell my Od'A to finance the upgrade of my 200? Tongue

Pim

Very funny  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(18-Oct-2016, 21:31)BrianT Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 20:58)Pim van Vliet Wrote: So I should sell my Od'A to finance the upgrade of my 200? Tongue

Pim

Brian

There would be some nice bit of cash left to upgrade my speakers. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(18-Oct-2016, 21:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 21:31)BrianT Wrote:

Pim

Brian

There would be some nice bit of cash left to upgrade my speakers. Smile

Or for a 220Pro companion. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Here is a modest rewriting of the Google Translate:

"I got my D220 yesterday. A short trial during the night in order to feel the product, but I left it turned on with low volume during 15 hours. Before returning the D200, I had compared it again with the D800 connected to the Jalucine 24 speakers, just to make sure I had a benchmark to evaluate the differences. No surprises at this stage, the 800 had more ease, convenience, lack of subjective distortion, transparency, to play any instrument or ensemble. The image was more accurate and profound. The balance was better and the homogeneity of tones. Bye-bye the D200, you're not unworthy, but we need to move on. Yet thou hast vexed celebrities! Farewell. Sniff.

After the discovery of D900, having witnessed the improvements it was bringing compared to the D800, I was curious to evaluate what the new range of Devialet would bring. It was obvious that the technical and musical progress made with the D900 'OdA' would be brought to the rest of their range. The D220 was the right opportunity to check that. It is a qualitative strategic product with a relatively reasonable price tag, as DAC + (super) preamp and amp. I tested the new D220 with the Jalucine 24 speakers, in comparison to the D800.

It does not take long to find that the 220 outperforms the 800 as easily as the 900 did. The improvement over the D200 is considerable, more than the difference between 800 and 900. It is primarily the homogeneity of tones, voice, easily acids instruments like flutes that jumps to the ears. The dynamic allocation is blameless. When it goes up and it does go up with a lot of ease, the low end does not stay back on the road, the increased power impresses without breaking eardrums. This was already the case with the D200, but it goes even further. Well, with the sensitivity of Jalucine 24, which brings 108 db with only 2 x 8 watt, there is no need to use much power; so there is something else, something hard to define and that we can only witness when comparing one amp to the other. I've never understood the reason why the Dual Devialet retained an advantage over stereo ones as I only uses a fraction of a watt in general and the complexity of a system has rarely given an obvious advantage.

Then you find that the treble is truly remarkable, fine, silky, but not ethereal, able to give body to cymbals, and an impressive consistence. It details the sets of strings flexibly, nuances and details without any aggressiveness. At first, one might think that the low end is not in progress, no more detailed or transparent, then you realize that you really hear a lot more in the area, with an even stronger development of drums' resonances, thickness, ambient details, reverberations.

The association of D220 with Jalucine 24 works really well on every criteria of listening. One can recognize that the first series were not really easy to implement. Here, if the source is correct, new entrants should easily give great pleasure.

220-900 A comparison is needed. I have no preconceived ideas about the outcome."

Precision: Jalucine 24 are DIY loudspeakers the author has developed and shared here: https://translate.google.com/translate?s...t=&act=url
Thanks for the translation, that is one very impressive review!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Yeah, wow!

That person seems a lot more excited about it than the 200 upgraders here so far?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<