Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audiophile cable to connecting headphones
Hi. I want connect my headphone Grado PS1000E directy to pre out my Devialet. Have someone sugestion what good quality cable using. I think use Rca to Jack female but I don't see for sale good quality this type cable. For sale are Rca to Jack male few audiophile brand.
What is quality sound in headphone using direct connection to pre out?
(20-Oct-2016, 16:32)rszr Wrote: Hi. I want connect my headphone Grado PS1000E directy to pre out my Devialet. Have someone sugestion what good quality cable using. I think use Rca to Jack female but I don't see for sale good quality this type cable. For sale are Rca to Jack male few audiophile brand.
I was considering the same for my Sennheiser HD800. I haven't found a good cable for this yet. It's my understanding that the Devialet does a reasonable job as a headphone amp, but some people wrote that a dedicated amp can do better. 

I have not made a comparison. I  was a bit disappointed with the sound through the cheep cable and adaptor I was using. 

I'm considering buying the Grado extension cable, cutting it and soldering RCA connectors at the male end. That's the same cable as your headphones as far as I'm aware. A good cable that can be found for under CDN $ 50. About 3 meter in length. Hope this helps.
1. Devialet D1000 Pro, PMC Fact 12, Shunyata Sigma V2 speaker cables, Roon RAAT.
2. Devialet D250, Acoustic Energy AE1 mk1 on original stands, Straight Wire Crescendo 3 speaker cables. Roon
(20-Oct-2016, 16:32)rszr Wrote: Hi. I want connect my headphone Grado PS1000E directy to pre out my Devialet. Have someone sugestion what good quality cable using. I think use Rca to Jack female but I don't see for sale good quality this type cable. For sale are Rca to Jack male few audiophile brand.

The best ready made cable I could find was from uGreen, although I'm not sure it is up to your standards.
http://www.ugreen.com.cn/product-723-en.html

You could also use a male Jack with an adapter.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3