Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wifi accès point
hi everyone,
I m about to buy a new wifi access point (the old one is traveling to another room,the brand is sitecom n300 and didn t perform  his job well during the few years,sometimes needs resets and reboots to work).The new one will serve the dev200 via ethernet cable,and the later will be feeded by ethernet cable from an ethernet port on the wall wich is connected to the main router wich is belkin 1200 ac dual band wireless.I learned in this forum that everything in the chain is important,so any advice will be more than welcome,the goal is an access point with 4 ports at least and wireless function.
thks
I'm not quite sure what your question is. Many of the problems are with wireless connections, particularly when streaming from the internet.
I get occasional dropouts when using Tidal streaming wirelessly. When this happens if I run a broadband speed test it usually shows a very poor wireless download speed, improved by making an ethernet connection. So the general advice is to use wired ethernet connections where possible, particularly on the path from your music to the Devialet.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
What you need is a Gigabit switch. I had the TP-LINK TL-SG105 5-port switch and it had metal casing. I believe the metal case is able to isolate noise better.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Thks tategoi, i just bought a linksys 6500 after advise from the seller in the shop, assuring it s the best switch
In The market here ! Working fine !sq wise no clue since i moved to a new house , not all furnitures in the house, so acoustically speaking it s a mess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk