Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No EU countries & VAT charged on upgrade
I live in Canada, and ordered the 440PRO upgrade on Wednesday, on Thursday morning I remembered that all price posted
in the EU member countries had VAT (Value Added Tax) included in them, and for sales out of the EU they should be VAT exempt.
In France the rate is 20%

So I sent an Email to Devialet asking if they were going to reimburse me the 20% VAT or pay all the import duties and taxes.
As of today I have not got any reply.
Once the 440PRO is returned to Canada, Canada customs is going to charge me the import duty 6.5% for amplifier repairs and 13% HST

Has anybody in a no EU country (and non VAT country) had the upgrade done, and had the 
Devialet shipped back to them with all duty and taxes paid.
I do not like the idea of paying taxes twice.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

interesting point. I would think that they will be able to have non EU country products exempted from VAT, or else arrange a VAT refund. Though refunds are typically applied for in-person, they may be able make arrangements ahead of time.

I'm OK with normal taxes, but tax on tax is less appealing.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(22-Oct-2016, 17:06)Damon Wrote: I'm OK with normal taxes, but tax on tax is less appealing.

Damon

Thats my point, paying taxes twice is not funny.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I have asked them about Jersey, and received no reply. It does not even show on the country drop down list on the order page.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(22-Oct-2016, 21:15)AllenB Wrote: I have asked them about Jersey, and received no reply.

Allen

So i'm not the only one being ignored Sad 

Brian
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

heck .. you guys are outright quibbling about Duty-on-duty @ 6.5% whilst I am also contemplating the 400 > 440Pro upgrade but am currently in a country where the customs duties are 95% ...    Sad

p.s. thank God my job/employer allowed me a free-of-duty allowance for the first 6-months wherein the devialets came in ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(22-Oct-2016, 23:06)audio_engr Wrote: heck .. you guys are outright quibbling about Duty-on-duty @ 6.5% whilst I am also contemplating the 400 > 440Pro upgrade but am currently in a country where the customs duties are 95% ...    Sad

p.s. thank God my job/employer allowed me a free-of-duty allowance for the first 6-months wherein the devialets came in ...

95% customs duty: A mate of mine lives in Senegal and told me something similar but then he doesn't pay income tax...that would make up for it  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Oct-2016, 23:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(22-Oct-2016, 23:06)audio_engr Wrote: heck .. you guys are outright quibbling about Duty-on-duty @ 6.5% whilst I am also contemplating the 400 > 440Pro upgrade but am currently in a country where the customs duties are 95% ...    Sad

95% customs duty: A mate of mine lives in Senegal and told me something similar but then he doesn't pay income tax...that would make up for it  Smile

I live in Indonesia and also wondering about duties and taxes which will be roughly 20%. How about shipping charges and the delivery of a shipping carton, if necessary? Are all these charges included in the upgrade price?
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(23-Oct-2016, 01:22)Duomike Wrote:
(22-Oct-2016, 23:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

I live in Indonesia and also wondering about duties and taxes which will be roughly 20%. How about shipping charges and the delivery of a shipping carton, if necessary? Are all these charges included in the upgrade price?

I don't know about the tax situation where you are, but the boxes and shipping are both included in the upgrade price.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Has the fact that the upgrade store page being down for days now got anything to do with this?
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)