Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No EU countries & VAT charged on upgrade
I received my 440PRO back last Friday 11 Nov.

When I purchased the upgrade, for the published price on the Devialet upgrade page.
That price contains 20% VAT.

I was not charged any local taxes (HST 13%)

When my 440PRO returned back into Canada, they would be 6.5% duty and 13% HST that would have to be paid
before the $440PRO was cleared by Canadian customs.

These amounts where paid by Devialet.

So my total price I paid was the indicated on the Devialet upgrade web page
including all shipping, import duties and local taxes.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(25-Oct-2016, 18:33)AllenB Wrote: First of all, none of a), b) or c) apply to me (not unless the French have taken back Jersey without us knowing).

The "claimant" is Devialet, not you.   a), b) and c) apply to Devialet. And it looks like they think the upgrade is a "service", not delivering a new HW product.
(16-Nov-2016, 13:11)BrianT Wrote: I received my 440PRO back last Friday 11 Nov.

When I purchased the upgrade, for the published price on the Devialet upgrade page.
That price contains 20% VAT.

I was not charged any local taxes (HST 13%)

When my 440PRO returned back into Canada, they would be 6.5% duty and 13% HST that would have to be paid
before the $440PRO was cleared by Canadian customs.

These amounts where paid by Devialet.

So my total price I paid was the indicated on the Devialet upgrade web page
including all shipping, import duties and local taxes.

Brian

I received my 220 Pro in Toronto yesterday after upgrade. No charges going out and none coming back in.

Ron
Roon Rock, NUC7i5BNH, Expert Pro 220 CI, Thorens TD124/ESL1000/SPU, Mitchell Orbe/SME V/Shelter 901, RP3/DigiOne, Tannoy Prestige GR Stirling,
Some cables, Auralic Minis and etc.
                                    Toronto 

(16-Nov-2016, 14:04)arcam Wrote:
(25-Oct-2016, 18:33)AllenB Wrote: First of all, none of a), b) or c) apply to me (not unless the French have taken back Jersey without us knowing).

The "claimant" is Devialet, not you.   a), b) and c) apply to Devialet. And it looks like they think the upgrade is a "service", not delivering a new HW product.

I'm sorry, I smell a rat in the way Devialet are palming this off as a 'service'. If the VAT is being charged in France because it is a 'service', how are they tackling the Customs authority at every port of entry to various countries when the goods are being returned? Are they telling each Customs authority that the physical goods passing through the border are a repair? If they are paying the duty at the receiving border, does that mean taxes have been paid twice, once in France for the 'service' and again at the border according to the value of the upgrade? Something does not add up.

My understanding and bottom line is a 'service' is for intangible goods, for example, downloaded software or streaming services. Patently an upgraded Expert is not that.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)