Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egglestonworks vs Harbeth
Hi all,

I'm currently owning the Sonus Faber Olympica II. Still enjoying them but always curious to other speakers. In the next year i'm hoping to move to a new home and possible will be testing some speakers in my new home.
Shortly different people advised me to test these speakers because they would be a great match with Devialet. Who has some experience with these speakers and had already the change to compare one or more of these?

Egglestoneworks Emma
Egglestoneworks Diana
Harbeth SuperHL5 plus
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Heard Harbeth on Devialet D200 and D220Pro. Lovely mid range, but my feeling was that they really needed (much) more power to make them really sing. They are 86db at 6 Ohm. We also pluggen in the D1000Pro and only then I was really impressed.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
This depends on what you are looking for, what you are trying to change or improve.. Personally I would keep the Sonus Faber's and upgrade to a 220 Pro!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Or a D400. We are all focussing on the new Hero in town, but going double mono has a lot of advantages too.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Having the D200 with the 40.1's has essentially been the pinnacle of listening pleasure for me.  It would be a real treat to hear them being serviced by the D1000Pro.  Honestly don't know what could be improved on as the current configuration is the best I've had as an audio enthusiast after almost 40 years searching.  I will be upgrading to the D200Pro just to stay current.  

Before settling on the Harbeth's I did seriously consider the Sonus Faber (as the Devialet vendor marketed those as well)  but the Harbeths introduced me to a whole different sound experience.  The benefit of the D200 was I was able to take it with me to multiple vendors and experience numerous speakers.  

Unfamiliar with the Egglestonworks - sorry.  

Jim - Vernon, BC, Canada

I'd like to add the above speakers/amp replaced a Pass Lab's/Wilson Audio config that paled in comparison (though very good quality system) on tonality/clarity/responsiveness.  Also the displacement of many cables was a serious gain for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
If you can, also please listen to the D400 Jim. I was astouned how much more the music was projected all around me when the Harbeth Super HL5Plus I heard were driven by the extra power of the D400 compared to D200 ánd D220Pro both. Ofcourse the D1000Pro was in a league of it's own, but if I had to pull the trigger (and I have ;-)) I am leaning more and more to the D400 as it brings me more in my setup. Not familiar with your 40.1's, but if they have the same sweet midrange sound of the Harbeth speakers I did hear, you have indeed one beautiful sounding system.

The Netherlands
(27-Oct-2016, 20:04)kerkhoffd Wrote: If you can, also please listen to the D400 Jim. I was astouned how much more the music was projected all around me when the Harbeth Super HL5Plus I heard were driven by the extra power of the D400 compared to D200 ánd D220Pro both. Ofcourse the D1000Pro was in a league of it's own, but if I had to pull the trigger (and I have ;-)) I am leaning more and more to the D400 as it brings me more in my setup. Not familiar with your 40.1's, but if they have the same sweet midrange sound of the Harbeth speakers I did hear, you have indeed one beautiful sounding system.

Thanks for suggestion kerkhoffd.  Will do, if given the opportunity - will see what the vendor has for the time the D200 is in for upgrade to Pro, for me to try.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia