Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phonostage in the Pro models?
Mains does effect. Also I have switched all the inputs and outputs off what I don't use. Wifi off aso.. I had only ethernet and riaa input in use and of course link cable between D's. This was demo equipment from dealer that I had one week. My own old D250 will go to upgrade.

Unfortunately new D250/D1000Pro does feed crap into the electricity network as much as old D250. This is disappointing.
Maybe younger users are expecting the same level of hiss from the phono input as they get from line level inputs?
My D-Premier had by a considerable margin the lowest noise of any phono stage I have ever used when I tested it.
I do use a step up transformer and the MM input as a rule which is more or less quiet even with my 109dB/watt speakers.
I haven't tried it on my O d'A and only briefly on my 800 with MC gain. This did seem to be noisier than the D-Premier had been.
I remember being told that the analogue parts of the phono stage were the most expensive parts of the D_Premier. Maybe the later models have less expensive parts, I am not sure how many of us there are still using record players, so maybe it was changed at the time HDMI was dropped and USB added.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Nov-2016, 17:11)Waiski Wrote: Mains does effect. Also I have switched all the inputs and outputs off what I don't use. Wifi off aso..

Unfortunately new D250/D1000Pro does feed some crap into the electricity network as much as old D250. This is disappointing.

Maybe it is one or more of the other inputs being used that influences the hiss, this would make sense.  I too have wifi disabled, but Ethernet enabled.  USB is disabled, obviously phono enabled, plus one other analogue input, one S/PDIF, one AES/EBU.  I can't see the digital inputs having any influence?  Maybe the one other analogue input does?  I wonder.  I know it's not the AES/EBU input, as I experienced some hiss on the D800 before I had this enabled.

EDIT: I guess someone who does experience the phono stage hiss could try a configuration with all inputs except phono disabled. I could of course try this myself, but I don't think I will have the time for a couple of weeks. I will try it one day if nobody else does in the short term.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12