Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phonostage in the Pro models?
Is the phonostage diffrent in the new PRO models compared to the old ones? I see that some thinks the new ones are quieter and less "hiss" but do we know if there is a new one in the Pro models?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

At least the sound quality is much better with new phono. Much more solid, open and good prat.
(05-Nov-2016, 16:16)Waiski Wrote: At least the sound quality is much better with new phono. Much more solid, open and good prat.

Good to hear that, had a talk with my dealer and he likes the phono stage but it was to noisy to be really good.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

I was trying too find out if there was a ney phonostage In Pro models, i could NOT find Any proof about ney phonostage, i Think When they ask more than 3000 euro upgrading too Pro models, i Think it could be With a ney upgrade phonostage ,but no no and that suck,S
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I have just got my 1000 Pro set up. One thing I was keen to check was if the phono stage is any quieter. There have been some encouraging reports and one early review to suggest that the Pro phono stage is indeed very quiet. Anyway, I have just tried the phono stage in my nice new Pro and unfortunately, the hiss level appears to be more or less the same as my 'old' D800. This is a little disappointing. To early to say if the phono stage is any better in other respects.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Did you use the grounding in your setup? I thought it was really quiet on the 400...
(06-Nov-2016, 13:25)Confused Wrote: I have just got my 1000 Pro set up. One thing I was keen to check was if the phono stage is any quieter. There have been some encouraging reports and one early review to suggest that the Pro phono stage is indeed very quiet. Anyway, I have just tried the phono stage in my nice new Pro and unfortunately, the hiss level appears to be more or less the same as my 'old' D800. This is a little disappointing. To early to say if the phono stage is any better in other respects.
My opinion as well. It's possibly slightly quieter, but only slightly.

I discussed this the other day when picking up my 440, my analysis of people who experience low hiss is they have MC carts with 0.5mv or higher output, and the dealer confirmed that matched with what they have experienced. So when I wear this cart out I'll be paying attention to output level for the replacement.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(06-Nov-2016, 13:25)Confused Wrote: I have just got my 1000 Pro set up.  One thing I was keen to check was if the phono stage is any quieter.  There have been some encouraging reports and one early review to suggest that the Pro phono stage is indeed very quiet.  Anyway, I have just tried the phono stage in my nice new Pro and unfortunately, the hiss level appears to be more or less the same as my 'old' D800.  This is a little disappointing.  To early to say if the phono stage is any better in other respects.

What pickup are you using.

If I was looking for a new MC pickup what output seems to be the best match with Devialet regarding the "hiss" problem.

Second system

(06-Nov-2016, 15:24)octaviars Wrote:
(06-Nov-2016, 13:25)Confused Wrote: I have just got my 1000 Pro set up.  One thing I was keen to check was if the phono stage is any quieter.  There have been some encouraging reports and one early review to suggest that the Pro phono stage is indeed very quiet.  Anyway, I have just tried the phono stage in my nice new Pro and unfortunately, the hiss level appears to be more or less the same as my 'old' D800.  This is a little disappointing.  To early to say if the phono stage is any better in other respects.

What pickup are you using.

If I was looking for a new MC pickup what output seems to be the best match with Devialet regarding the "hiss" problem.

As Soniclife said, the higher the output, the better. Anything over 0.5 mV will sound less "hissy" than lesser output cartridges.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Ok, I have a Clearaudio Concept MC that has 0.4mV output, my current setup makes a bit to much "hiss".
I am looking at a new turntable setup so this is something I will consider when selecting a new pickup.

Second system