Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bthomehub4 and expert pro
Hi,

Any UK owners having issues connecting their expert pro to the bthomehub4.

After I received my first 250 pro back from upgrade everything was sweet (especially the sound), except for my inability to connect to my router.

On the configurator I've entered the SSID and password, DHCP is on.

On the 250 pro, the wifi screen cycles through, Initialising–Scanning–Joining and then stays at 'Getting IP'
The SSID of the home hub is also displayed.

On the next screen the MAC address of the 250 pro is displayed but the IP address is blank.

When I log into the bthomehub, it shows the 250 pro and the IP address which the 250 pro should be using?

Am I doing something wrong or is there some incompatibility with the 250 pro and the bthomehub4?

Oh, and I should add, I've had my second 250 pro back after upgrade and I've the same problem.

I have opened a ticket with support, but if anyone here has any suggestions I'd be most grateful.
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
(05-Nov-2016, 18:27)blorbed Wrote: Hi,

Any UK owners having issues connecting their expert pro to the bthomehub4.

After I received my first 250 pro back from upgrade everything was sweet (especially the sound), except for my inability to connect to my router.

On the configurator I've entered the SSID and password, DHCP is on.

On the 250 pro, the wifi screen cycles through, Initialising–Scanning–Joining and then stays at 'Getting IP'
The SSID of the home hub is also displayed.

On the next screen the MAC address of the 250 pro is displayed but the IP address is blank.

When I log into the bthomehub, it shows the 250 pro and the IP address which the 250 pro should be using?

Am I doing something wrong or is there some incompatibility with the 250 pro and the bthomehub4?

Oh, and I should add, I've had my second 250 pro back after upgrade and I've the same problem.

I have opened a ticket with support, but if anyone here has any suggestions I'd be most grateful.

First of all I do not have the bthomehub and I do not live in the UK. Is it possible for you to test if this works with an ethernet cable from the router to one of the amps? I guess you should disable wifi  on the amp you test on. If  this works, DHCP and the router is working and you'll have an even stronger case to report to Devialet.
Setting a different wifi password may also solve the problem. I normally store the password in a file called 'wifi_key.txt' (no quotes) in the SDCARD root folder and tick the 'Offline secure key' in wifi settings in configurator. The password is then local, never transferred over the internet and thus not subject to any changes on it's way.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
If you can't use a cable as above, it would still be worth trying to disable DHCP and give it a manual IP. That would rule DHCP problems out and you could see if it connected ok.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Does your router have a very long (WPA) passphrase? If I remember correctly the Devialet will not connect properly if the passphrase is longer than about 30 or 31 characters. I discovered this with my 200 some time ago, although this was with an Apple Time Capsule, and it turned out to be a limitation of the Redpine Signals wi-fi module. Not sure whether the Pro series use the same wireless module.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks guys, I'll give your suggestions a try later today.
Audioquest Niagara 3000
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Just an update on my wi-fi issues.

I'd already tried giving the 250 pro a manual ip address and that allowed it to communicate with the router, the wifi screens showed 'ready' and the following screen showed the fixed ip address.

My problem then was I primarily use the AES input from the Aurender for music, the wifi was used to allow me to control the 250 pro using my iPad/iPhone, this no longer worked. While the iPad would connect and the iPad screen would show a change of volume or input, etc, no change would occur on the devialet.

I've had more success switching the wi-fi off and connecting an ethernet cable from 250 pro to router, everything works ok and I can use the iPad/iPhone as expected.

I did try using the 'offline secure key' method with the wifi, unfortunately with no success, I kept getting a bad config file warning on the devialet. I'm obviously doing something wrong there.

My question to you network savvy guys is where does this leave me? Does the problem lie in an incompatibility between router and devialet?
Audioquest Niagara 3000
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
I don't know how reliable the Devs network screens are for checking connectivity. Have you run a network scanner type program (or app) to check that the Devialet definitely shows up on the network on wifi? I use 'fing' on my iPad but there are loads out there.

Were you able to try wired Ethernet to rule out any wifi issue altogether?

You're using the Devialet volume app? Interesting that it connects but doesn't do anything. Mine never connects if there's a network issue (like my iPads not on wifi) but I've never had it connect and then be unable to control it. Something's odd there....

What's your overall network setup?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi,

No I didn't think to run a network scanner, though when I logged into the homehub originally that's when I realised the router was seeing the devialet as it had the 250 pro's mac address and it had the ip address it was issuing it.

I've currently disabled the wifi and am running communication through the direct ethernet wired route, this allows me remote functionality with the iPad.

I'm not network savvy, I assumed it was because I was using a fixed ip address that the iPad wouldn't communicate properly. It was strange that the iPad screen connected and would allow change but that change wouldn't alter the devialet. If I altered the devialet volume using the devialet remote this wouldn't show on the iPad unless I closed the app and then reopened it whereupon it would show the new volume. All very strange.

Network wise it's just the bthomehub4, presently ethernet connections from it to a NAS, the Aurender, the dialog and now the 250 pro. Wirelessly the bthomehub is used for a sony tv, security camera, iPad/iPhone, Apple tv and a chromecast.

Its working now with the ethernet connection, albeit the iPad will not give a constant screen, cycling through scanning and connecting.
Audioquest Niagara 3000
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Have you tried completely shutting down the hub and all devices, and the rebooting the hub followed by each of the devices?

For Wifi I assume you have it only setup for one SSID? Same being used for both 2.4/5 Ghz bands?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(07-Nov-2016, 00:12)blorbed Wrote: Hi,

No I didn't think to run a network scanner, though when I logged into the homehub originally that's when I realised the router was seeing the devialet as it had the 250 pro's mac address and it had the ip address it was issuing it.

I've currently disabled the wifi and am running communication through the direct ethernet wired route, this allows me remote functionality with the iPad.

I'm not network savvy, I assumed it was because I was using a fixed ip address that the iPad wouldn't communicate properly. It was strange that the iPad screen connected and would allow change but that change wouldn't alter the devialet. If I altered the devialet volume using the devialet remote this wouldn't show on the iPad unless I closed the app and then reopened it whereupon it would show the new volume. All very strange.

Network wise it's just the bthomehub4, presently ethernet connections from it to a NAS, the Aurender, the dialog and now the 250 pro. Wirelessly the bthomehub is used for a sony tv, security camera, iPad/iPhone, Apple tv and a chromecast.

Its working now with the ethernet connection, albeit the iPad will not give a constant screen, cycling through scanning and connecting.

It's a long shot, but the constant screen cycling could be a shared IP if you inadvertently used an already allocated one when you did a fixed IP? Or the wifi and Ethernet on the Dev both have the same IP? Struggling to think what else it could be.