Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote not working
(16-Oct-2014, 11:21)thumb5 Wrote:
(16-Oct-2014, 09:20)Axel Wrote: Thank you all so much for your replies. Unfortunately, none of them have worked and the remote is completely unresponsive.

Hello Axel - just a thought: have you tried removing the batteries from the remote and leaving it for a long time (e.g. overnight) before replacing them? I had a problem with the remote control on my previous amp, which apparently resisted all attempts to get it working until I did that. It surprised me as I'd already tried a quick battery swap to no avail, and had concluded that the thing was properly broken.

Hello mate,

Well, it's certainly worth a try as my remote is a nice looking paperweight at the moment!

Cheers,

Al
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(16-Oct-2014, 12:09)Axel Wrote:
(16-Oct-2014, 11:21)thumb5 Wrote:
(16-Oct-2014, 09:20)Axel Wrote: Thank you all so much for your replies. Unfortunately, none of them have worked and the remote is completely unresponsive.

Hello Axel - just a thought: have you tried removing the batteries from the remote and leaving it for a long time (e.g. overnight) before replacing them? I had a problem with the remote control on my previous amp, which apparently resisted all attempts to get it working until I did that. It surprised me as I'd already tried a quick battery swap to no avail, and had concluded that the thing was properly broken.

Hello mate,

Well, it's certainly worth a try as my remote is a nice looking paperweight at the moment!

Cheers,

Al

No, that didn't work either. I have put it in the hands of my supplier.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi

The dealer bought round their remote, which was known to work, but it too failed to pair with the amp., which led us to believe that the amp. was at fault. It was decided that they'd speak to the distributor and get the amp. changed.Huh

I lay in bed that night going over things in my head, and tried to think it through logically.

A. My iPad was still able to control the amp, connected to my wireless network, which transmits through radio frequency.

B. The remote controls also use RF.

C. Therefore it couldn't be the amp that was at fault.Idea

I decided that the next morning I would have another look at the remote configurator and put the remote count up to four (why four and not two, I don't know), if that didn't work I'd load the old firmware and see if that worked, then I'd start the configuration from scratch with the latest firmware. A clean slate, in other words.

The next morning I took out the SD card, loaded my config. to edit it and upped the remote count to four. Saved and put the SD card back, twiddled the volume knobs, and hey presto, both remotes now worked!Smile

I've no idea why the remote decided to drop out in the first place, but after spending ages trying all of your suggestions, the fix was simple. I will try putting the remote count back down to one, but I've a good mind to leave well alone now that it's all working properly!
South Coast England
Most strange, but good to hear that you managed to fix it without changing the hardware.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Oct-2014, 10:13)Axel Wrote: Hi

The dealer bought round their remote, which was known to work, but it too failed to pair with the amp., which led us to believe that the amp. was at fault. It was decided that they'd speak to the distributor and get the amp. changed.Huh

I lay in bed that night going over things in my head, and tried to think it through logically.

A. My iPad was still able to control the amp, connected to my wireless network, which transmits through radio frequency.

I decided that the next morning I would have another look at the remote configurator and put the remote count up to four (why four and not two, I don't know), if that didn't work I'd load the old firmware and see if that worked, then I'd start the configuration from scratch with the latest firmware. A clean slate, in other words.

The next morning I took out the SD card, loaded my config. to edit it and upped the remote count to four. Saved and put the SD card back, twiddled the volume knobs, and hey presto, both remotes now worked!Smile

I've no idea why the remote decided to drop out in the first place, but after spending ages trying all of your suggestions, the fix was simple. I will try putting the remote count back down to one, but I've a good mind to leave well alone now that it's all working properly!

Glad that you have sorted it out Wink

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(24-Oct-2014, 10:13)Axel Wrote: A. My iPad was still able to control the amp, connected to my wireless network, which transmits through radio frequency.

glad it's sorted Axel!
the logic above has a slight flaw though.... the WiFi RF is not the same as the remote RF; both would have their own chipsets and the remote RF would have to use a different frequency; so it COULD have been the amp at fault (namely the RF chipset and components for the Remote RF)

luckily it doesn't matter any more so congratulations........l
(24-Oct-2014, 19:02)krass Wrote:
(24-Oct-2014, 10:13)Axel Wrote: A. My iPad was still able to control the amp, connected to my wireless network, which transmits through radio frequency.

glad it's sorted Axel!
the logic above has a slight flaw though.... the WiFi RF is not the same as the remote RF; both would have their own chipsets and the remote RF would have to use a different frequency; so it COULD have been the amp at fault (namely the RF chipset and components for the Remote RF)

luckily it doesn't matter any more so congratulations........l

Oh well, looks like my logic was askew, but at least the fix worked.
South Coast England
My (replacement) remote would not pair either, even after a factory re-set. But increasing the remote count (to 2) worked for me. I suspect this change re-triggers the pairing routine. Thanks Axel!
(23-Mar-2015, 19:43)davee Wrote: My (replacement) remote would not pair either, even after a factory re-set. But increasing the remote count (to 2) worked for me. I suspect this change re-triggers the pairing routine. Thanks Axel!

Glad to hear it, buddy! 
South Coast England
Am pulling up an old thread as my remote is now malfunctioning all of a sudden ... And practically on a blink !!

1. Wouldn't switch-on the D400 from Standby

2. Cannot adjust volume upon rotating the knob 

3. Cannot change inputs .. sometimes it works though

Any ideas from you Gurus ... 

(unfortunately I live in such an isolated location where its rather difficult to send off the remote to Devialet in France) 
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US