Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set-Up 2 x 250Pro's as Mono's
Hi

I've been running in both of my upgraded 250Pro's separately (got the 1st one 6 weeks ago, then 2nd 2 weeks ago so wanted to burn the 2nd 250 as a separate so it had the same burn-in time).

Anyone who has 2 x 250Pro Masters did you set-up as 250Pro's x 2 or as 1000Pro. Below is my config, but for some reason the link isn't working and only the Master comes on. Also noticed when choosing the model type that for the Master there is only 1 choice for a 250 Pro (2nd photo below), but for the Companion there are 2 choices for a 250Pro (3rd photo) - which is the correct one?

Your help is really appreciated (really disappointed at present as wanted to here what a 1000Pro was like for the weekend, but will now have to go back to a single 250Pro set-up).

Cheers
John

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I tried and I don't think you can select the right most 250 which I suspect is for. A companion.

So the right choice for the second 250 is the one that is highlighted in your photo: the middle one.

Enjoy your listening,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Jean-Marie

Yes, it seems to always revert back to the middle 250Pro.

The funny thing is that it shows 250Pro for Master, but 1000 for Slave 1 as below photo.

Also finding that my config is not saving the full settings (my sub out keeps converting to Full, where of course I want it to go Low Pass). Is there a way to save the configs except for the download as every time I go back to start of config it has the pre-out back to Full Range  Confused

Pre-Out Setting with Low Pass:

Pre-Out Setting keeps reverting back to Full Range:

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Have you tried simply setting it up as a 1000 Pro? Unfortunately I cannot advise too much here because I have a 'traditional' Master and companion set up. However, it is perhaps worth noting that when I go into the configurator it states "Master: Devialet 1000" + "Slave 1: Devialet 1000". Both Master and Companion are shown as 1000 Pro in the configurator GUI also. Might be worth trying as a 1000 Pro?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Confused

Sorry didn't answer you earlier, but setting up a new config as 1000Pro. Shows as 1000 for both when set-up this way:

Even with a 1000Pro config it still won't keep the Low Pass setting for Pre-Out to my Sub (keeps reverting to Full Range). It's as if the trigger out isn't working with the Mono set-up (my sub would always give a small thud when turning on with my single 250Pro set-up, but now nothing).

Wish there was a save button for the config file when finished setting up aghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Lost all that lovely Bass with the Mono 1000Pro set-up, it was soooooooooooooo much better with the single 250Pro set-up  Huh Huh  Huh

Australia (Perth)
I find that the Configurator has some... inconsistencies.

For example, if I start to configure a 440 Pro, it will always show two 220 Pros. If I start with an 800... it shows two 250s. But if I start to configure a 1000 Pro, it starts with two 1000 Pros (not two 250 Pros). It seems to configure properly, but then I haven't (yet) gone to the trouble of comparing the actual config files.

My assumption is that Devialet simply hasn't done exhaustive use case testing of their web configurator for consistency, but maybe I'm just missing something.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA