Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teething troubles with 120
FWIW, when I had a 200, I never thought that vocals sounded indistinct as you describe, nor heard anyone say that their D was weak in this area.  That is definitely not one of Devialets weak points.
There must be something wrong with the amp, or it is not set or hooked up correctly, surely.

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
try to reset to factory default, and install new firmware version + configurator settings.

I had a simular issue, and this did the trick for me.
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
It's a very different sound. My naim unit now sounds confused and muddy next to the devialet. The devialet is very accurate. Break in is essential. Initial hours were disappointing. It's now astounding with the Atohms.
How did your comparison go? My 130 sounded disappointing out of the box, but with 100+ hours on it was transformed.
I'm afraid I'm back with Naim. I couldn't quite deal with the sound of the 120. I did audition a 220 and it blew me away - unfortunately couldn't afford it, but will certainly move in that direction when I can!
OK, Nothing wrong with Naim!