Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings'
All three recordings are super duper musically and sonically. The Oscar Peterson in particular has blown me away, a perfect presentation of his slinky gifts!
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

@Phoenix - I have a question. I note you are offering these recordings as 24/176.4 kHz files. As a Devialet user yourself, I am surprised that they are not offered as 192kHz files? The reason being that the Devialet is optimised for 192kHz, and the ADH core runs at 40bit 348kHz (384 being 192 x 2).

Is there a specific reason you opted to master / offer files at 176.4kHz?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Dear Confused,
Thank you for your very interesting question. We've always recorded in multiple of 44.1 KHz, the frequency rate of the CD. It avoids some possible problems when you're making the digital files to press on CDs. That's why we prefer this rate, Devialet engineers confirmed that the ADC worked perfectly at 176.4 kHz.
The Lost Recordings & Fondamenta Music Labels
Devialet 1000 Pro, Focal Stella, Riffaud Saturn Turntable, Lyra Atlas, Ortofon Synergy, Miyajima Zero, Whest Audio Reference V Phono Preamp, Absolue Creations Tim-Reference Cables, 
Devialet 220, Focal Diablo Evo, Absolue Creations Ul-tim cables
Phantom Gold + White tree
Phantom Reactor 900
News to come shortly ;-) Thanks for your interest and your confidence about this project
Devialet 1000 Pro, Focal Stella, Riffaud Saturn Turntable, Lyra Atlas, Ortofon Synergy, Miyajima Zero, Whest Audio Reference V Phono Preamp, Absolue Creations Tim-Reference Cables, 
Phantom Reactor 900
I've heard there will be soon another event in London. Hope to make it this time Smile
Phantom Reactor 900