Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY New-B Thread
I'm sure there are a-plenty; and I know part of netiquette, is not to be redundant.

But I need to ask my own questions, follow-up and filter the information...in my own way.

So...here goes:

Long-time, box-swapping, seps guy; finally took the plunge and reco, of some friends who were just like me...and picked up a 200 on the way out.

So...I guess my 1st question, of many; as I get ready to dismantle...my trusty ARC seps, and put the 200 in its stead: is...what are some of the options, for controlling direct streaming?

In other words: I have an AAM (Auralic Aries Mini), that I plan to run digital out...as my source, to start. But...if/when, I decide to stream direct to the 200; I guess I need a "media-server"...like JRiver, or I've heard it's Roon ready, etc.?

Also...for the AAM; USB-out, or Coax s/pdif the way to go?

Thanks,
CD
(11-Nov-2016, 18:41)CDLehner Wrote: I'm sure there are a-plenty; and I know part of netiquette, is not to be redundant.

But I need to ask my own questions, follow-up and filter the information...in my own way.

So...here goes:

Long-time, box-swapping, seps guy; finally took the plunge and reco, of some friends who were just like me...and picked up a 200 on the way out.

So...I guess my 1st question, of many; as I get ready to dismantle...my trusty ARC seps, and put the 200 in its stead: is...what are some of the options, for controlling direct streaming?

In other words: I have an AAM (Auralic Aries Mini), that I plan to run digital out...as my source, to start. But...if/when, I decide to stream direct to the 200; I guess I need a "media-server"...like JRiver, or I've heard it's Roon ready, etc.?

Also...for the AAM; USB-out, or Coax s/pdif the way to go?

Thanks,
CD

In MHO Roon and Coax s/pdif the way to go, you will have the best of both worlds
Best media server and best input to the Devialet.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Hey, I have an Auralic Aries Mini as well. Assuming you don't need to playback any DSD64 files use the digital output from the Mini. Unlike the other brethren in the Auralic family, you cannot output DSD via the digital output on the Aries.

Otherwise I use either a PC/Windows System or Mac running RoonServer and output to the D400 using their AIR3 driver. Given I use Roon and have a Tidal subscription I can also stream Tidal to the D400.

If you choose to run other music player software, use of the AIR3 driver would allow you to send your output from your PC/Mac to the D400 via either ethernet or wireless (I use ethernet).

Of course there are many other options available, some use Roon with a microRendu and/or other devices.

In my setup I have all my music files either local to the music server and send them to the D400 via AIR3, or I have my music on a NAS, and using music player software on my Mac/PC send them via AIR3 to the D400.

More info on AIR3 can be found on multiple threads on this site. And can be downloaded here:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ta-testing-

And welcome, did you pick up a used D200? I came from tube pre amps and tube mono blocs to the Devialet.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yes...I know the AAM, won't pass DSD digitally (for now); I found this out, when I was auditioning the Aqua Acoustics La Voce S2 DAC.

It wouldn't handle DSD, but I realized I could still play those files...using the analog-out, of the AAM (which ain't half-bad, at all; GREAT little box, for ~$500. Especially if you got the free year of TIDAL Cool )

But I'll go coax s/pdif, as recommended, for now; and work on direct streaming w/ROON(?)...and a DSD solution, long-term.

Thanks,
CD

P.S. No...I picked up a 200, NIB; on the way out...to the 220s, et al.
Yep, same here, I use analog out for the DSD files.

Where are all your music files stored? Local hard drive on computer, NAS, elsewhere?

If you decide to move beyond the Auralic to something else, Roon has a free trial so you can determine if it meets your needs and warrants the cost.

Good luck on your Expert Pro upgrade, mine are in France right now, so I hope to have them back in a few weeks.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
^^ My files are on an NAS, out of the room.

A buddy of mine, just put an HD/SD in his AAM; and keeps his files local. I could do that.

Still playing. Smile

Who says I'm going Pro?
Once the seeded is planted, Pro you will go....
SXSW, US