Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon's system
(23-Apr-2017, 13:18)sdn660 Wrote:
(22-Apr-2017, 21:27)K4680 Wrote: Hello Simon, is the intention that the loudspeaker cables on a channel are exchanged (Picture 4)?

Hi K4680,
Thanks you for your comment. You have an eye for detail  Smile .

At the time I took the picture I had connected one of the speaker cables the "wrong" way on both sides (amp and speaker). So my speakers were connected in phase. (#9 & #12)

I changed it a few weeks ago. I had to disconnect my system anyway because of the changes in setup.
Hi, I know this from myself! Sometimes you are so deep inside, there have been times L + R confused Angry or hot and cold at LS. A lot of fun with the great equipment!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(23-Apr-2017, 08:54)octaviars Wrote: Have you considered trying a Ansuz Mainz 8D? I find that it is one really good powerstrip that lifted my system when I got that instead of a Isotek Aquarius Evo 3.

I also run Ansuz P powercables to my D440pro.

The Radios are great speakers I also had them as an option when I bought new speakers but in the end I decided to go with Focal Sopra No.2

Hi Fredrik,

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually I did consider Ansuz Mainz 8 and Nordost and Shunyata. 
And I'm sure either one of them would be very nice upgrade. 
I am happy with the power supply right now. I think my next change - if any - would be in components.

Focal Sopra is very nice! I did audition them once. At the time it wasn't possible to AB testing with Raidho X2 (and others).
I liked them a lot. And driving them with D440 it must be very nice combination. Enjoy !

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
I was planning to upgrade my system for some time and decided to replace my D200 with 220PRO. Yesterday I picked up my new 220PRO from the dealer. Installed FW 2.12.10 and everthing works well.
I did a quick side by side comparison between the 200 and 220. I haven’t done intensive listening but my first impressions are that the 220 sounds more open en clearly more detailed. No regrets, and still enjoying my system with Devialet very much.
Smile

Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Recently I moved to a new house. The new living room is box-shaped and reverb times were very long. So I took the opportunity to apply acoustic treatment before moving in.

I thought it might be helpful to share my findings in case you are interested in room acoustics and/or considering acoustic treatment.

Acoustic treatment
1. A certified company installed 20 square meters of Rockfon sound absorbing panels. 
The wall behind my setup and the wall at the right hand side at the picture were treated.
This Rockfon system is a “Monolithic system comprising a 40mm stone wool panel, filler and refined acoustic render”. 
It has 100% WAF because it is seamless and sprayed coating looks very good. 

2. Stone wool panels on the wall at the left hand side. Together the panels cover 4 sq.m.
3. And a thick carpet on the floor covers another 8 sq.m. of the floor surface.
I estimated 32 sq.m. should be enough to absorb the high and mid frequencies.

Result
The room is nicely muted now, but certainly not anechoic.
Without the "painting" and carpet the room is still echoing too much.

The sound has improved a lot. Soundstage and imaging have improved significantly. 
Voices and instruments are better separated. 

Was it worth the investment? Yes, certainly it was.  
E.g. this investment makes a larger improvement in sound than upgrading from D200 to D220.
And no esthetic compromises.

This treatment does not take care of dampening bass nodes. Bass in my room is still a problem to be solved.

Great idea to tackle acoustics from the get go Simon. It looks just like plasterboard walls on the photos. Does it feel solid with the render on it?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hi Pim,

It looks like plasterboard, but the finish looks like a decorative plaster with a fine grainy structure.
I think its looks better than plasterboard, but that is to my taste of course.

It feels solid, but impact resistence is limited. It is not as impact-resistent as plasterboard.

To further improve bass performance in my room I recently replaced my Velodyne SPL-1000 Ultra subwoofer by a Velodyne DD10+.
Although the SPL-1000 is a very nice subwoofer, its auto-eq function was not able to adequately integrate subwoofer and main speakers. 
I also would like bass nodes in the room were better suppressed.

The built-in DSP of Velodyne’s DD10+ is far more effective in that respect. 
DD10+‘s DSP offers manual adjustment of all parameters in real time while a sweeptone is playing.

As a result bass performance has very much improved. 
The bass nodes are gone and overall frequency response is very flat from 27 - 200 Hz (± 1 dB, measured at the listening position).
Bass is now effortless, deep and not boomy at all. 

Overall bass response measured at the listening position. 

Wow, that is great! Makes me want to meter the room I am now in...I haven't done so since prior to moving.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Sold my Raidho X2’s and replaced them by Wilson Audio Sabrina. 
Connected the Sabrinas yesterday. 

Haven’t had the time to do extensive listening but first impressions are promising.  Smile

Subwoofer integration. Frequency response f=15-200Hz

(30-Mar-2020, 21:12)sdn660 Wrote: Sold my Raidho X2’s and replaced them by Wilson Audio Sabrina. 
Connected the Sabrinas yesterday. 

Haven’t had the time to do extensive listening but first impressions are promising.  Smile
Good decision, congrats.
I listen a pair of Sabrinas when i bought my Dev 220, but was a bit far from my budget, liked a lot.
In that time i didn´t feel the need of a subwoofer. Do you?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.