Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC
Today is 24th and still no update from Devialet for Yosemite? I am using a 'non-optimized' system as someone called earlier. But because of Devialet I can't upgrade to Yosemite. Bummer.

Does anyone have any clue regarding release date for new Air?
(24-Oct-2014, 07:05)Kestelli Wrote: Today is 24th and still no update from Devialet for Yosemite? I am using a 'non-optimized' system as someone called earlier. But because of Devialet I can't upgrade to Yosemite. Bummer.

Does anyone have any clue regarding release date for new Air?

i can only see not upgrading an issue if not using a dedicated mac mini or similar - i upgraded on my work and personal iMac but have not done so on the mac mini which is used as a media server - can't see the big deal
There do seem to be a number of issues arising with the Yosemite update so perhaps Devialet are doing us all a favour! I deeply regret updating my iPad Air to iOS 8 - it's never been the same since.
I do wonder what they're changing in the OS that can affect an app like Devialet AIR so fundamentally though.
(24-Oct-2014, 11:11)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I do wonder what they're changing in the OS that can affect an app like Devialet AIR so fundamentally though.

I expect that AIR has to present itself to the kernel as an audio device driver - so it's rather more than an application program, and therefore might be expected to have to change from one release of the OS to the next. Only speculation on my part, though.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Oct-2014, 11:11)Rufus McDufus Wrote: There do seem to be a number of issues arising with the Yosemite update so perhaps Devialet are doing us all a favour! I deeply regret updating my iPad Air to iOS 8 - it's never been the same since.
I do wonder what they're changing in the OS that can affect an app like Devialet AIR so fundamentally though.

I suspect there is some major software re-engineering going on. Perhaps to cater for whatever might be coming up in May. They will want it fully developed very soon (so they can beta test) and perhaps it impacts on both the configurator limitations and the Yosemite issue. Otherwise surely they could do fixes for both in a matter of days.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(24-Oct-2014, 11:50)IanG-UK Wrote:
(24-Oct-2014, 11:11)Rufus McDufus Wrote: There do seem to be a number of issues arising with the Yosemite update so perhaps Devialet are doing us all a favour! I deeply regret updating my iPad Air to iOS 8 - it's never been the same since.

I suspect there is some major software re-engineering going on. Perhaps to cater for whatever might be coming up in May. They will want it fully developed very soon (so they can beta test) and perhaps it impacts on both the configurator limitations and the Yosemite issue. Otherwise surely they could do fixes for both in a matter of days.

And also on Devialet's plate is the new beta of AIR that aims to address the dreaded white noise problem.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(24-Oct-2014, 11:48)thumb5 Wrote:
(24-Oct-2014, 11:11)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I do wonder what they're changing in the OS that can affect an app like Devialet AIR so fundamentally though.

I expect that AIR has to present itself to the kernel as an audio device driver - so it's rather more than an application program, and therefore might be expected to have to change from one release of the OS to the next. Only speculation on my part, though.

I suspect it is the case since it appears on the system preference as an Sound card. So I suspect that there are two parts:
1st part is a virtual sound card with an audio driver as you mention and as being something running in the kernel is heavily susceptible to any OS architectural change
2nd part is the application making the bridge between the virtual sound card and the network to send the audio to the Devialet over IP.

/Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Hi Jean-Marie,

You're quite right - they will be doing some interesting things in CoreAudio but this type of thing is quite well understood in the OS-X development community & there are a few open source (and licensed so they can be used in commercial apps) packages which allow for this type of hook.

Just Google for AirPlay Audio Mirroring etc.

* http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18443...dio-driver

Of course, I'm only guessing as Dev' remain tight lipped about this.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
Is it really that important !!!!

I unfortunately have to repair the things and would not advise anyone to switch to Yosemite for the next 3 months at least (if it was important for it to work correctly anyway)

If you had to deal with my wife's company they still have not got there systems working on Windows 8 or 8.1 and how long ago did they come in.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(24-Oct-2014, 15:54)NickB Wrote: Is it really that important !!!!

Yes.

Dev' have had access to Yosemite for quite some time(*).

If they have not been able to get their virtual sound card kernel extension fixed in that time it is quite a worrying trend.

They are a closed source company; if they chose to stop supporting a particular OS then you (the paying consumer) are stuffed.

Rik

(*) The public Beta has been available for months - even if Dev' are not paid up OS-X developers.
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK