Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DIRECT ETHERNET CONNECTION BETWEEN MACBOOK AND DEVIALET
After using my Devialet 200 connected to my MacBook (YOSEMITE) through Ethernet switch (which worked fine) I try to use direct ethernet connection using a cat6 standard cable.
After setting up of fix IP addresses both sides, the IP address of Devialet is well recognized and the link looks fine but when starting to stream music from my computer (from Audirvana or ITunes) there is NO SOUND
I tried with different version of AIR including the new 3.0 without any success, I check in MAC parameters that sound output is set to devialet AIR but still NO SOUND
Has anyone an idea that could help me
Thanks
Can you ping the Devialet (and get a response) from your MacBook? What IP addresses are you using on both the Devialet and the MacBook?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
If you have direct line to ethernet, switch off wifi on D200 in configurator tools
After try using Devialet app in mobile phone for triing connection
(15-Nov-2016, 01:22)philindo Wrote: After using my Devialet 200 connected to my MacBook (YOSEMITE) through Ethernet switch (which worked fine) I try to use direct ethernet connection using a cat6 standard cable.
After setting up of fix IP addresses both sides, the IP address of Devialet is well recognized and the link looks fine but when starting to stream music from my computer (from Audirvana or ITunes) there is NO SOUND
I tried with different version of AIR including the new 3.0 without any success, I check in MAC parameters that sound output is set to devialet AIR but still NO SOUND
Thanks

I was set up using Audirvana-AIR3-ETH for a few months all worked great.

You say that you have checked the Mac settings, did you check in Audio Midi and select AIR also
in Audirvana under Audio System you have to select Devialet Air.

Hope you get it working as it sound real good.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(15-Nov-2016, 09:23)thumb5 Wrote: Can you ping the Devialet (and get a response) from your MacBook?  What IP addresses are you using on both the Devialet and the MacBook?

I have my mac directly connected to my 200. Got a lot of help from forum members. There is a tutorial how to setup such a direct connection somewhere in the air beta thread around April/May this year. One thing I remember is with a direct connection you have to
disable dchp! Have you done that? Good luck.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Turning off caps-lock will fix it!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(15-Nov-2016, 01:22)philindo Wrote: After using my Devialet 200 connected to my MacBook (YOSEMITE) through Ethernet switch (which worked fine) I try to use direct ethernet connection using a cat6 standard cable.
Thanks

Hello, I responded to your post on CA, and I believe you now have everything running correctly? Or are you still having an issue using Audirvana?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(15-Nov-2016, 17:10)baddog Wrote:
Thanks

Hello, I responded to your post on CA, and I believe you now have everything running correctly? Or are you still having an issue using Audirvana?

Yes thanks everything is fine and the sounds is great with all my library files, the only remaining problem I have now is that I cannot connect Audivarna to Qobuz (using wifi between my mac and my internet box)
I do not know if this config is possible using wifi from internet box to mac and direct ethernet connection from mac to devialet
(15-Nov-2016, 12:29)Duomike Wrote:
(15-Nov-2016, 09:23)thumb5 Wrote: Can you ping the Devialet (and get a response) from your MacBook?  What IP addresses are you using on both the Devialet and the MacBook?

I have my mac directly connected to my 200. Got a lot of help from forum members. There is a tutorial how to setup such a direct connection somewhere in the air beta thread around April/May this year. One thing I remember is with a direct connection you have to
disable dchp! Have you done that? Good luck.

Thanks for your help, Following your advise I ping and discovered that my link was in fact not operational, I missed to put some numbers for router in the ethernet setting on my mac, now it is fine
You should be able to use both the Wifi connection and the ethernet connection at the same time.

First I would verify that you can use Safari or Chrome to connect to a website from your MacBook. If not, and you have verified the Wifi connection is on, than go to Network in System Preferences on your Mac. Let me know the order of your connections in the left hand pane, does ethernet appear first before Wifi?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US