Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DIRECT ETHERNET CONNECTION BETWEEN MACBOOK AND DEVIALET
Sorry if you have done this but if I remember correctly ( I no longer use ethernet ) you would go to Settings>Sharing then in the left pane select Internet Sharing and in the right pane select Ethernet from the drop down and tick Ethernet in the window. See if that helps.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(16-Nov-2016, 16:12)baddog Wrote: You should be able to use both the Wifi connection and the ethernet connection at the same time.

First I would verify that you can use Safari or Chrome to connect to a website from your MacBook. If not, and you have verified the Wifi connection is on, than go to Network in System Preferences on your Mac. Let me know the order of your connections in the left hand pane, does ethernet appear first before Wifi?

yes a have access using safari without any Pb and yes on system/preference/network on the left side Ethernet appears on top with green spot and then just below wifi with green spot as well but still cannot connect audirvana to Qobuz (get network connection error from audirvana)
(17-Nov-2016, 12:17)philindo Wrote:
(16-Nov-2016, 16:12)baddog Wrote: You should be able to use both the Wifi connection and the ethernet connection at the same time.

First I would verify that you can use Safari or Chrome to connect to a website from your MacBook. If not, and you have verified the Wifi connection is on, than go to Network in System Preferences on your Mac. Let me know the order of your connections in the left hand pane, does ethernet appear first before Wifi?

yes a have access using safari without any Pb and yes on system/preference/network on the left side Ethernet appears on top with green spot and then just below wifi with green spot as well but still cannot connect audirvana to Qobuz (get network connection error from audirvana)
buy putting WIFI first in the list it works now perfectly
BIG THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT HELP
(17-Nov-2016, 12:22)philindo Wrote:
(17-Nov-2016, 12:17)philindo Wrote:

(17-Nov-2016, 13:47)philindo Wrote:
(17-Nov-2016, 12:22)philindo Wrote:
(17-Nov-2016, 12:17)philindo Wrote: yes a have access using safari without any Pb and yes on system/preference/network on the left side Ethernet appears on top with green spot and then just below wifi with green spot as well but still cannot connect audirvana to Qobuz (get network connection error from audirvana)

It seems I have to fast to conclude, in fact when I put Wifi first I connect to QOBUZ but no sound sent to DEVIALET and if I put ETHERNET first can play my library but cannot connect to QOBUZ ????
Try having Wifi first in the list.

Then try going into System preferences and ENABLE Internet Sharing.

You want to share the WIFI port as in the screenshot ( I don't have sharing on because I don't have both connections on my Mac )

And share it with the ethernet connection on your Mac.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hi, I have the same issues.
First (when upgrading to Roon 1.3) I could play local files but without internet connection on the mac mini Roon core.
Now after changing wifi to first place I have internet, but I cant use ETHernet to play.
SHould I change DNS in ethernet and/or wifi settings?