Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AES Cable Recommendations
Hi All,

I am getting my D120 upgraded to 220Pro. Now thinking about connecting the Mutec and the D via AES.
Which AES cable would you recommend or should I rather keep the S/PDIF connection?

Thanks,
Ralf
Bauer LS 3.0 - Ortofon 7.8N SPK - Octave RE320 - 220 Pro - DH Labs D-110 - Mutec MC-3+ USB - ROON ROCK NUC - Sbooster MKII - Technics 1200 MK2 w/ Quintet Blue
D-110 from DH labs and Belkin 1800f from BlueJeans based on a few reviews I have read. I got one last week from Blue Jeans based on the specs from Belkin's site. The consensus here seems to be towards AES as best input for expert/pro. I plan to use it with Mini-DSP DDRC 22D.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
2nd for DH Labs. Very happy with mine.

Great folks to work with too.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
There's multiple topics running on AES/EBU cables.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=161
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1015
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1164
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2280

Don't know your budget but this is a great deal on a TOTL cable from Shunyata: http://r.ebay.com/sDyArZ

If you want a no nonsense and very good and affordable one, another +1 from me on the DH Labs. I have one still laying around no longer used (it was replaced by a Shunyata Anaconda AES) as well but shipping costs probably won't make it interesting for you if you're not Dutch (which I believe you're not).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Sam1000, baddog and Antoine, thanks for the top tip about DH Labs. This really sounds tempting, reading the reviews now. I am ready to invest more than that, limit around €500,- if it makes sense (if that makes snese at all). I like Shunyata, of course I am happy to spend the saving on new music Wink

I am based in Germany, but shipping to Canada and the US would also work. Happy to buy second hand, too.

Antoine, thanks for the links. Should have taken a look myself first, as always.
Bauer LS 3.0 - Ortofon 7.8N SPK - Octave RE320 - 220 Pro - DH Labs D-110 - Mutec MC-3+ USB - ROON ROCK NUC - Sbooster MKII - Technics 1200 MK2 w/ Quintet Blue
You're welcome, if you like Shunyata I'd seriously look at that EBay one I linked to. If it all checks out I think it's a great deal with the low price of the GBP these days. I've recently paid €1250 for a 1.5m one...(€1920 new in NL but nonetheless still sick about this since I saw this one recently, it was offered after I bought mine).

The no longer used DH Link D-110 (1m, factory terminated) I have for sale is €75. (I paid €125 for it four/five months ago and got it from the Dutch importer). Insured shipping to Germany would be €14.65 so it may be very close to the new price in Germany.

Of course there's many more great "digital" cables. Ask 50 people and you'll probably hear 30 or so different suggestions. Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I've got DHLabs and Cabledyne digital cables in my rig and I'd happily recommend either.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
+1 DH Labs
WTL TT / HP laptop (JRiver) / Devialet 400 / Marten Django / Crystal Cable

Sydney Australia
Wow, DH Labs is a hot favorite here, haven't expected such a clear result.
I will go for it, but haven't found a local dealer yet and the ones offered on Amazon are from the US with €38,- shipping.

Antoine, we might make a deal here Smile
Ralf - just email DH Labs, if no local dealer they will make one for you and send it to you.

That is what they did for me.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US