Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Optical dropouts
I have a pair of Gold's and a Dialog. I have installed the latest firmware.

I do get dropouts (lasts for a second) every 3-10 minutes when I use the Toslink in och on the Dialog. Between these dropots it plays fine.

Source's I've tried are TV, blu ray player, Aurilac Aries Mini and a Mutic 3+ USB. and I've used 2 differenct cables, all display the same result. Have I gotten a bad Dialog? 

Anyone else experience this dropouts on the digital in on Dialog?

Spark plays fine with Tidal/Spotify, no dropouts at all. I have the Golds and Dialog connected to ethernet, PLC gives the same result.
Try another optical cable. I find that some cables are poorly made causing dropouts.. or won't even play high-rez files.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I have dropouts though not quite as often as you when using toslink to dialog. Happens once every couple of songs. The dropouts do not occur when running toslink direct to phantom. I've tried quite a few toslink cables including lifatec & wireworld and it's no different.
I have also dropouts when using the Dialog. Very dissapointing. Did Devialet react on this fact?
(20-Nov-2016, 18:00)MKBS Wrote: I have also dropouts when using the Dialog. Very dissapointing. Did Devialet react on this
No they did not. They stilll recommend to put toslink cable to one of the Phantoms itself.
Dialog is a mess and I think it's beyond repair.
hey guys its a well known issue, there are a few threads on it. Previously the optical input on the dialogue experienced crackling or static noises every few minutes. The latest update has removed the static but instead has introduced (or maybe has been replaced by) sound dropouts (silence). Best solution is to use the inputs on the phantoms as already suggested.
Okay thats sad to hear, another cable to run to Phantom, also another box to get flac on Tidal working with Phantom. Thats dissapointing. No luck to get an replacement Dialouge it sounds.

Is there any sound difference running the toslink to the Phantoms directly?
I had the same problem, Devialet very helpful, sent them a report from the Dialog and they are now replacing it. Can't fault them, as soon as I confirm the pickup of the old unit they send the new one out so I am not without music for long.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Is the new Dialouge without dropouts from toslink input?
I have the same issue with a pair of silvers with toslink connected to dialog. I had no issues with crackling before the firmware upgrade but now I have dropouts after the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk